Has anyone randomly met Opeth?

alan3827 said:
I was walking around in downtown Boulder,Colorado the night before the scheduled opeth show. I'm wearing my opeth shirt talking about opeth with my sister as we're walking. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice someone sitting on a parkbench 4 feet to my left staring at me. I look over and it's Martin Lopez.

i was at that show too, and i believe that i talked to you...unless there was some other dude that came to an opeth show in boulder from new mexico. anyway, that same day about 4 or 5 hours before the show, i met mikael in one of those record stores across the street. and earlier, i had met steve wilson in a computer store.

hmm.. actually it is sorta "in-stores".. 2 years ago, I met him in a little record-store in stockholm called Mellotronen.. well, I sorta knew he'd be there. I bought a PT-album he recommended (Signify, the first of many PT-albums in my collection) and asked him a bit about the D1/D2 project and stuff... was nice :)

aside from meeting anyone outside a show.. randomly i met Aesop Rock :worship: himself! aww yeah! the underground rapper i met him at E3 in LA.. and the guitarist for Cattle Decapitation i saw him waiting to cross the street here in downtown san diego.. i really didnt care about that one guy..

.. so when i saw aesop.. doesnt matter cause you guys are all metal heads im guessing.. fuck it.. ill say it anyway.. so i saw him.. and i was like "youre aesop rock".. he goes "i am" and i started acting like a little girl.. im serous the onyl words that would come out of me were.. OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN.. and.. I'm one of your biggest fans.. aahhahaha

Risquit said:
Dude, my friend's band (Broken Foundation) is opening up for Cattle Decapitation at fucking Soma! See ya there.

aight.. i might be going to that show.. when i saw cattle decapitation with the red chord.. HOLY Crap... it was a great show

I went to see them at a venue downtown, and was waiting for a buddy to show up before the show...I became impatient and decided to check out the record store next door in the meantime. As I was browsing around, all the members of Opeth came in, so I asked them to sign their faces on the back of my Still Life shirt. :)

Daaamn..all of you guys are lucky bastards...closest I got was Jared from Subway. He was here in DC for a breastcancer walk, and I saw him shopping around with his g/f in Georgetown. We met eyes...that was it.

I like aesop rock also - and dj shadow, boards of canada and all that kinda stuff too. You'd probably be surprised on how many opeth fans like strange underground stuff..

On topic - never met any of the band outside of after-show signings...

This was at a show, but it wasn't "official", so it counts.

At the San Diego show (Canes), we were kinda wandering around, checked out the black metal beach BBQ (funny really), got a drink upstairs, and came back down. Well when you come down from the upstairs bar it goes right into the main hall where the stage is, which was open and no one cared. So we walk out the back door...right through an interview someone is doing with Mikael, and felt stupid. So we walk around a bit and then go back in the bar, Lacuna Coil was warming up so we stood around and watched that for a while. Peter walks in and starts chatting a bit later, and Mikael showed up right behind us with a bunch of old records (Doors, ect), guess he went shopping. Said hi, got damnation signed, and kept watching until they kicked everyone out for the show.

Yeah, I met Opeth (without Mikael) in Groningen (holland) the day they were playing there. I was walking through the center and they were too :)

I screamed:"wow, Opeth!!"

We talked a bit and then moved on. The show was great!!

i dont know of any music stores around the where cannes is at in san diego.. mostly crappy beach clothes stores.