Has your taste in music changed in 12 months?

Actually, thanks to the reccomendations of Dreamlord and npearce, I have discovered a world beyond the music I am used to. The 'core, sludge, grind genres that npearce suggested, and the of course, the doom masterpiece, Arcane Sun that Dreamlord champions.

Also, I've been getting into a lot of mellower things, such as indie rock, and lighter hardcore. Lightning Bolt and The Dismemberment Plan are two bands I discovered this year whom I wish I had known about in the past. Especially The Dismemberment Plan, I would kill to see them live now.

music_cool2.gif

I've ventured more into progressive rock like King Crimson and Anekdoten, as well as fusion, though I'm still a relative newbie to that genre. Still hate black metal, dislike most death metal, and can't stand Euro power metal, with a very select few exceptions. The generic prog metal clones are starting to bore me, so I'm not likely to buy too many more of those next year. Oh yeah, metalcore is new to me this year. Well, I had Mastodon and Lethargy last year, but now I have a few more like Keelhaul, Today is the Day, Time of Orchids, Yakuza, etc.

biggest find in the last 12 months: The Kovenant. i got Animatronic about a year ago and loved it. then i got SETI and loved it. then i got In Times Before the Light (2002 Remix) and Nexus Polaris and loved them as well. they are becoming one of my favorite bands. im also starting to get into the 'core. i used to think it sucked ass but im starting to like the chaos and noise. also more techno.
-neal