Have you ever had a "real amp feeling" with

Yes its a HUGE difference. I have worked with BOTH, and I have used the AXE FX on 2 different recordings in both variations. The recordings that has a REAL CAB AND MIC vs a Sim always sound better. For a LIVE situation where you need a lot of flexability in your rig without spending hundreds of thousands of dollars the AxeFX into tube power amp like the Marshall 9200 (Dual Monoblock) is tough to beat for its simplicity. That being said there is some tonal sacrifice and its less dynamic then a real tube amp. But it still sounds good!

Do you think you can still get a good enough tone/sound recording a tube amp at lower volumes (such as if you're in an apartment or have close neighbors)? That's my dilemna..I record at home and don't wanna crank it too loud which is the main I use sims and processors.

Yes its a HUGE difference. I have worked with BOTH, and I have used the AXE FX on 2 different recordings in both variations. The recordings that has a REAL CAB AND MIC vs a Sim always sound better. For a LIVE situation where you need a lot of flexability in your rig without spending hundreds of thousands of dollars the AxeFX into tube power amp like the Marshall 9200 (Dual Monoblock) is tough to beat for its simplicity. That being said there is some tonal sacrifice and its less dynamic then a real tube amp. But it still sounds good!

I disagree here on this point .
I think as far as high gain recordings go Ola's demos of Axe fx vs real amps would suggest the difference is definitely not huge . The skill is with the person who dials in the patch or amp . There is a difference but def not that big .

I disagree here on this point .
I think as far as high gain recordings go Ola's demos of Axe fx vs real amps would suggest the difference is definitely not huge . The skill is with the person who dials in the patch or amp . There is a difference but def not that big .

I hear you...I think with sims and/or processors (Axe FX, or PODs) you have to really spend a lot of time with your settings dialing in your tone. I'm not saying you don't have to spend a lot of time with real amps; just saying if you come across a good amp sim and spend some serious time tweaking you can get some solid tones from sims. There's an art to all of it, regardless.