Have you found it difficult to meet people who enjoy extreme metal?

I have no desire to hang out with someone just because he or she listens to the same music as I, but it would be nice to be able to talk to someone about music sometime.

Zephyrus said:
but If I happen to notice a tell-tale band shirt, I might approach them.

Almost 99.99% of the time they are just wearing the shirt because it looks cool, so I've stopped approaching people a long time ago.

Spectacular Views said:
anyone who wears metal shirts because they look cool has seriously shitty fashion sense

Some metal shirts are seriously cool - like the evergreen Motorhead England design...

I have deffinitely found it difficult considering that most of my school listens to pop crap but i have managed to meet a few ppl with a good taste of metal.

Yes. Metalheads that are into extreme metal are so uncommon that not even everybody knows one. For just about anybody I know, I am the only person they have ever met that is into death metal and black metal. I only have one friend who is into extreme metal, but even he seems to be more into metalcore than death metal or black metal (he doesn't like black metal at all actually).

It's especially difficult for me, being mid-30s, to meet people my age into metal who aren't scenester douchebags or cokeheads or whatever.... People with similar values, families, careers, etc.

I'm new to this area, but in my previous city, I went to concerts alone for a few years, before finally hooking up with some Christian metalheads. Even though I'm not a Christian, we got along great, and they remain good friends. Now if only they could not be Republicans.... :zombie:

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Exactly...my girlfriend listens to ALMOST exclusively horrible pop/powerpop, modern "rap" etc. I wouldn't have her any other way.

Mine listens to death metal, goregrind, funeral doom, black metal, and etc. She can't stand most thrash or power metal though... She's acts the complete opposite of most of the "metalheads" I've met....which is fan-fucking-tastic. First girl I've gone out with that hasn't ended up being a total whore :cool:

She likes Enya too :lol:

Seraphim Belial said:
Mine listens to death metal, goregrind, funeral doom, black metal, and etc. She can't stand most thrash or power metal though... She's acts the complete opposite of most of the "metalheads" I've met....which is fan-fucking-tastic. First girl I've gone out with that hasn't ended up being a total whore :cool:

She likes Enya too :lol:

Haha. That's cool that it works out, I just don't think that would work out with my girlfriend and I; we're already extremely EXTREMELY similar in almost every respect, so I'd rather not argue with her about music haha. So in other words, I keep the three things I love/am dedicated to in my life (my girlfriend, music in general whether it be metal or not, and my noise recordings) very, very separate.

my last girlfriend listened to showtunes and oldies

however...I did just meet a girl who supposedly sings in a black metal band, and she does NOT look like a metalhead at all. I was intrigued and almost had her right there on the lawn.

There are a few metalheads at my school here, some of them are really beautiful and so i'm much, much too shy to talk to them. Besides, I'd probably get a crush on the good looking ones and that would be awful..

edit: ^I don't look like a metal chick at all either unless I am wearing a band sweatshirt, so I'm sure none of them ever noticed me.