Have you found it difficult to meet people who enjoy extreme metal?

Most of my friends know and enjoy some drunken Blind Guardian singalong action, my girlfriend enjoys plenty of 'extreme metal', but only after I got her into it. Got my best mate into clean vocal'd interesting metal, but he hates growl vocals. Random girl I drove home wants a Haggard cd because she heard it in my car... what sort of people do you guys hang around? :) I wouldn't want to spend too much time with anyone who was unable to appreciate the musical interest of various metal, given the chance. Fair enough if you're just listening to the standard agressive staples I guess - not as much interest or accessibility to latch on to.

extremely difficult.

most of the people around here are either preppy pseudo hippies who like Rusted Root, people who listen to modern rock drivel like Nickelback or are wiggers.

also, I can't drive so it makes it all the more difficult.

There are assloads of kids at my school who claim to like metal, but few do. So I've only met a few from there. But I recently met two metalheads from MySpace who live in my town. It's pretty cool cause it seems like lately I've been digging some up.

Not at all....
everywhere I go I see dudes in studs, leather, and jean vests with patches.
chicks walk around in spandex..even some dudes do as well :Smug:
the beer flows like a raging river..
I'm tempted to say I wish there were more black ppl and preppies here.
It's just might be too metal for my liking.

My best friend listens to a lot of extreme metal, especially black metal, but I hardly talk to him anymore because we live 2 hours apart and lately he's been having problems of all kinds (legal, relationship, kids, etc.... yep, major problems).
I work with one guy who's friends with the guys that used to be Angel Corpse.
Den Decker (Anal Blast) and myself have hung out several times, though we couldn't consider each other friends because we were always too wasted to remember anything we said to each other. In fact, I couldn't remember his name when posting this so I had to Google it.
But, yes, it is difficult to meet people with the same taste in music as myself.

Two of my best friend's are into 'extreme metal'. They may not be as well versed in it as I, but they like stuff like early Death, Morbid Angel etc.

Actually come to think of it I know a fair number of people that like extreme metal.

Out of the people at my job, several of them claim to listen to metal, but it's mostly mainstream, like COB or later In Flames. But they hardly actually listen to metal. So therefore, they have no credibility, and they are dicks anyway. :lol:

Susperia said:
There are a few metalheads at my school here, some of them are really beautiful and so i'm much, much too shy to talk to them. Besides, I'd probably get a crush on the good looking ones and that would be awful..
Awwww.....how....................................pretentious. :mad: