"Hellish Rock World Tour" Invades ProgPower USA"

Why would promoting one show in Atlanta give them any more street cred than the last 9 festivals Glenn has booked and organized? I would think being responsible for bringing Blind Guardian and Nightwish into the US for the first time would make for better credentials than a tour that Glenn probably isn't booking aside form this one show. Also I don't think anyone said anywhere that they had trouble booking major cities on the East coast because they "didn't know who Glenn Harveston was". What a ridiculous assumption that is, and even if it was true it wouldn't make much difference with yet another local show. Perhaps the primary reason for the CM tour not being able to land dates in major cities was due to scheduling conflicts? Anyways...

Got my tickets for both this and the fest. Should be fun.

The problem isn't no one knows who Glenn is. The problem no one knows who CM or Manticora are. Even by European standards these are small bands. In the US they're next to nothing.

That's not a knock on the bands, as name recognition has no bearing on talent. It does, however, have a bearing on whether or not someone will book them.

???

Tickets for Hellish Rock haven't gone on sale yet. Gold Badge Holders & Sponsors do not have tickets either.

lol then my friend lied to me about hellish rock. oh well... now I better double check to see if he actually got the tickets to the festival...

Magius- Stingray said that the problem was nobody knew who Glenn is. Take that up with him not me haha. :D

And as for your last stament... of course name recognition has no correlation to talent! I've been saying that for ages! :lol:

lol then my friend lied to me about hellish rock. oh well... now I better double check to see if he actually got the tickets to the festival...

Magius- Stingray said that the problem was nobody knew who Glenn is. Take that up with him not me haha. :D

And as for your last stament... of course name recognition has no correlation to talent! I've been saying that for ages! :lol:

Yeah. I was exponding on your post. Not disagreeing with it.

The problem isn't no one knows who Glenn is. The problem no one knows who CM or Manticora are. Even by European standards these are small bands. In the US they're next to nothing.

That's not a knock on the bands, as name recognition has no bearing on talent. It does, however, have a bearing on whether or not someone will book them.

Well - actually, Hoyt/Glenn, after doing a tremendous job had 8 shows booked for the tour (Houston, Atlanta, Detroit, Chicago, Springfield/Washington, Quebec, Toronto, St. Paul) with other cities just about to be confirmed....so the bookings were actually taking place - just to get things right here...:)

Later,

Lars

Well - actually, Hoyt/Glenn, after doing a tremendous job had 8 shows booked for the tour (Houston, Atlanta, Detroit, Chicago, Springfield/Washington, Quebec, Toronto, St. Paul) with other cities just about to be confirmed....so the bookings were actually taking place - just to get things right here...:)

Later,

Lars

Being a Hoyt supporter I have no doubt that he and Glenn were doing a tremendous jobs. Nevertheless, the phones clearly weren't ringing off the hook at Intromental USA, and there was no shortage of frustration during that time.
As I said it had nothing to do with their abilities, but it's a hard sell for bands no one has ever heard of.

I just want to know if anybody know if they are going to be part of the fest like with signning session and stuff? or is just going to be a show and then back to europe next day?

take care you all my friends!!!:headbang::headbang::kickass::kickass:

This should quiet the "bahhh,there is too much prog" this year crowd
Having seen Helloween on both Keepers I and II tours,this will be nostalgic<to say the least

Sorry if this has been posted before, but will the Helloween/Gamma Ray show also be at Earthlink Live? If not, where will it be?

I'm asking since tickets are separate from Prog Power, I assume it's a whole different show.