- so did metallica

need more?

epica is pretty symphonic so are
- cultus sangui
- visions of atlantis
- Iced Earth made an album with a symponic orchestra
- so did metallica

need more?

The two laters can't be called symphonic band and for the other, well, if by symphonic you mean melodic then yes they are. Or if you mean by symphonic that they follow the symphony caracteristics, then they are not.

I know there is a genre called symphonic metal, what I mean is that it's wrongly called "symphonic". It have little to no element of a symphony. People are like "AuG! Female vocal and keyboard melody, it's a symphony!!1!", which is dumb. It's like calling Malmsteen "classical" because he use harmonic minor scale and pedal point....Anyway, sorry, I'm just picky, I'm in a bad mood today:p .

yngwie is....

neo-classical shred!

That's what I find irritating, he isn't neo-classical, composer like Messiaen, Kyburz or Davies are. MalmsteenHe pick some (and very few) classical cliché and put themin in shred guitar. This is nowhere from classical. Randy Rhoads have classical elements than Yngwie...

The two laters can't be called symphonic band and for the other, well, if by symphonic you mean melodic then yes they are. Or if you mean by symphonic that they follow the symphony caracteristics, then they are not.

I mean as in they've played with a full symphonic orchestra

hes really considered old school "power metal"

power metal ain't old school!