Help convince me to go Mac...

I would never want to put together a PC again. Been there. Done that.

I've got two words no PC-loving homo can ever argue against:

Bottle. Neck.

And no fucking epic custom built PC can ever escape that. Period.

~006

Hahahahahahhhahhahaa, what the fuck is Pyramix!? :lol:

The only DAW that can reproduce audio like an analog tapedeck without the hiss / distortion and compression.

The ONLY one. :)

look:

DSD-Response.jpg

I never said they were different, Oz.

That's fine, but you've gone on ad nauseum about how great macs are, then you quanitify it with "I buy things I want based on my own experiences, trying stuff out, listening to people whom I value the opinion of, user reviews and feedback, etc. I don't buy anything because somebody simply told me to."

And that's a great statement. Myself, being a PC guy went the PC route for exactly the same reasons. Both systems have their strengths & weaknesses... And Mulder had a great point about a stock mac being better than a stock PC. I'm in total agreement with that. No argument there whatsoever. Hell, I'd recommend a Mac to my mom before a PC.
Myself, I'm a tweaker & a bit of a gearhead. I've got Windows locked down tight. I also use a DAW that most people have never heard of.... which bypasses most of the Windows kludge. ....And that works for me.... but I'm certainly not going to claim it'll work for anyone else. Especially if you're not a power user.
If you're interested, try it, but if not, hey, whatever works for you.

But, these arguments are pointless in the end. I've seen epic Mac vs Pc threads for years now.... there was one of note on the EQ magazine forums back in the early 2000's... it went on endlessly... ....and in the end, it solved nothing.

I've stayed out of this argument because I have a great respect for a lot of people on this board. FWIW, if I ever do switch over to PTHD (not bloody likely until the labels start demanding it) I'd probably still run it on a PC.... you can find used HD systems that are PCI based & I've got a lot of empty PCI slots....

Gosh it's all so awful.

It's going to get worst!

I'm going to continue talking nonsense. I feel like I fit right in.:kickass:

Here we can endlessly continue this endless debate. So fucken metal. :headbang:

Next, we can compare dick sizes, ignoring who fucked the bitch better. :OMG:

We all but lost the interest in Boobs and Tits. They suck.:Smug:

Surprise butsex FTW!

Hahahahahahhhahhahaa, what the fuck is Pyramix!? :lol: Seems like the same thing as Linux; embraced by a small but "elite" (excuse me: 1337) community of super-nerds who may well be on to something, but are always bitterly aggressive because NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT IT :heh:

How bout the whole classical recording bizz? These guys really know what they're doing (they have to, considering their budgets), and are very fierce when it comes down to spatial information...

And still, ever wondered why so many PT-based studios still use SSL's and stuff?

SAW.... :lol:

I fucked them up real hard a couple of years ago.. Longest thread ever on their forum, cos I stated here that all of the known DAW's zero their mixing engines. They violently refused to believe so, and called me stupid.

That was fun. Reminded me of a certain computerplatform and their userbase.

Actually, I've been using SAW for 4 years now. I think I remember that thread, but chose not to take part.

I would never want to put together a PC again. Been there. Done that.

I've got two words no PC-loving homo can ever argue against:

Bottle. Neck.

And no fucking epic custom built PC can ever escape that. Period.

~006

Wait, wait - where do you get that from dude? You're saying the Windows platform is inherently unable to escape bottlenecks? That doesn't make sense...and while I agree Macs have the advantage of having the right components to avoid this, some PC companies make computers with that same goal (namely RAIN Recording, from whom I bought a laptop this summer that I LOVE, check out this explanation of their emphasis on throughput over output, and naturally, these are all readily available components that they use, so I'm sure a savvy PC builder could construct something equally efficient). Mustn't do the "stating opinions as facts" fallacy ;)

How bout the whole classical recording bizz? These guys really know what they're doing (they have to, considering their budgets), and are very fierce when it comes down to spatial information...

And still, ever wondered why so many PT-based studios still use SSL's and stuff?

I don't follow...Pyramix is just another collection of 1's and 0's, SSL's and analog hardware are beautiful constructions of iron, wire, and the all-important "mojo" :heh:

Actually, I've been using SAW for 4 years now. I think I remember that thread, but chose not to take part.

I couldn't stop myself. a Big relieve of puberal factfucking for which I'm a sucker I guess.

Anyway, they couldn't stop themselves too.. Great fun.

I couldn't stop myself. a Big relieve of puberal factfucking for which I'm a sucker I guess.

Anyway, they couldn't stop themselves too.. Great fun.

The mix buss wasn't what sold me... the speed, interface & tech support did it. I can't say one way or the other if the buss is cleaner than any other program. But it is really, really goddamn fast.

I don't follow...Pyramix is just another collection of 1's and 0's, SSL's and analog hardware are beautiful constructions of iron, wire, and the all-important "mojo" :heh:

Its not just another one, its the one that has the analog mojo.

And the pricetag along with it, it consumes an enormous bandwith to achieve it. But its the only 'analogsounding' DAW there is.

It doesn't do samples like in 16 or 24 bits, it does DSD, aka 'bitstream'.

"DSD is the technology used to record and produce audio content on the SACD. DSD is a 1-bit representation of the audio waveform with 2.8224Mhz of sampling."

Read up here (for those who dare):

http://www.dsdproaudio.com/html/dsd_sacd_explained.html

Oh, PC only. Sorry flock.

The mix buss wasn't what sold me... the speed, interface & tech support did it. I can't say one way or the other if the buss is cleaner than any other program. But it is really, really goddamn fast.

Bob Lentini is a pure codinggod, prob the best in DAWland. Shame about the religion around it (and the horrible GUI).

Bob Lentini is a pure codinggod, prob the best in DAWland. Shame about the religion around it (and the horrible GUI).

I agree.. The stock Skin is downright fugly. The interface is awesome once you learn it tho. Sold my Mackie control because mouse & keyboard were faster in SAW.

I use the "Uniform" shade...
saw.jpg