Help convince me to go Mac...

I remember reading about the DSD system a few years ago... is anyone actually using it?

Yup, at the school I work (conservatorium the Hague) they train musicians to become editors and engineers behind it. Pyramix is the standard in 'the old acoustic repertoire' where (a proper reproduction of) roomacoustics are vital.

Classical music, you know. Big fat screaming tards, sweaty old farts wavings sticks at pinguins playing violins, that stuff.

I agree.. The stock Skin is downright fugly. The interface is awesome once you learn it tho. Sold my Mackie control because mouse & keyboard were faster in SAW.

I use the "Uniform" shade...

Much better. :) What scared me though, is that Bob called the stock GUI his 'art'.

I'm still convinced he could reverse'engineer TDMplugs to work in SAW. THAT would give quite a stirr in DAWland...

I'm kinda waiting too.

I'm not, I just posted the benchies that say OSX has the bottleneck right now.

I'm not, I just posted the benchies that say OSX has the bottleneck right now.

Maybe he knows something we don't, I'm always willing and eager to learn something new.

He posted that PCs have a huge bottle neck problem over and over and over again. If he could prove his statements, maybe he would have a justified argument in this debate. but I'd like to see this proof. I as well have seen lots of different tests running all the different OS versions on different hardware running different software tests. So I'm eager for what he knows that I don't.

You guys are right. PCs are infinitely better because you can build them yourself. Choose your own parts, bla bla.

I'll take comfort in knowing that I can buy a Mac right now, take it home and in the amount of time it takes me to hook it up, turn it on, install Cubase and my interface's software I'll be in business. You guys have fun adjusting a bunch of settings and installing your anti-virus software.

~006

As it has been stated over and over again: Use what feels like, its all down to preferences.
Sure, Mac is awesome, but PC's are awesome too.

I have to say, i have my self made allot of stupid fuckin' posting in this thread, and i apologize for that(Drunk + Internet = epic fail.), but this whole fight about how you should run your computer is so stupid.
Its just like guitars: You find the one that feels right for you, and stick with it.

So JBroll, looking back in the thread right now, i have to say i did some (REALLY)stupid posts and i take back what i said.
I was wasted and for some reason decided to use my computer, not a excuse, but im still sorry for it.

As it has been stated over and over again: Use what feels like, its all down to preferences.
Sure, Mac is awesome, but PC's are awesome too.

I have to say, i have my self made allot of stupid fuckin' posting in this thread, and i apologize for that(Drunk + Internet = epic fail.), but this whole fight about how you should run your computer is so stupid.
Its just like guitars: You find the one that feels right for you, and stick with it.

So JBroll, looking back in the thread right now, i have to say i did some (REALLY)stupid posts and i take back what i said.
I was wasted and for some reason decided to use my computer, not a excuse, but im still sorry for it.

I'm sorry too!! :cry::cry::cry: - GROUP HUG EVERYBODY!!! :D

Don't mean to mock you, mind, I admire you for what your saying - I'm just trying (along with Socialnumb) to lighten this thread up a bit :)

You guys are right. PCs are infinitely better because you can build them yourself. Choose your own parts, bla bla.

I'll take comfort in knowing that I can buy a Mac right now, take it home and in the amount of time it takes me to hook it up, turn it on, install Cubase and my interface's software I'll be in business. You guys have fun adjusting a bunch of settings and installing your anti-virus software.

~006

As Doctor Evil would say in Austin Powers...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I started using Apple computer first off and always loved the Mac operating system.

I bought a Dell with Microsoft OS and it was the worst piece of junk ever. Constant updates and virus protection hassles.
It ran OK for a couple years then died. Had to call service and talk to some guy in India that I couldn't understand.

I went back to Mac and will never look back. :D

'Building a pc" means buying 7 parts, stick'em in a 19' rack, install TinyXP and there you are. Parts choosen on solid experience from the backbone of the wide-spread userbase.

~006

Yeah, but once Steve shoves a Nvidia chipset up your arse you need some serious comfort from someone else.

QUOTE=More Than Ever;7919569]Bottle neck anyone? Still waiting...[/QUOTE]

Me too...

Thanks for details of your plan 006 after your PowerPC croaks - anyone else have anything ?

One obvious factor to an old bastard like me is that most mac guys can't remember what it was like before the mac as the mac was already in studios when they started - well age does give some benefits :)
Records were made apparently and some were rather good too. You mac guys sound like the synclavier guys and before them the 2" tape guys. Even the fact that Apple jumped into bed with Intel (oh the irony !) seems to be totally lost on you. Apple makes ipods now OSX is not their priority.

My mac adventures concur with Mulder. I'll leave it at that. With hardware - the good stuff - Core i7, triple channel DDR3, intel ssds etc all being so affordable why wait til Steve shoves it in a box, inflates the price and then can't be arsed to upgrade it regularly ? Do you guys really think it's great to run one box for audio/ video/ internet ? can't you use an old box for internet, one for recording ( Core i7 and forthcoming Pro Tools Native Edition running on Digis own linux OS - oh yes !) or does your one computer have to do it all ?

Anyways this isn't a mine is better than yours post so best wishes all

As Doctor Evil would say in Austin Powers...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

If that is in regards to my statement of being up and running in no time...I've done it quite a few times now ;) Literally takes no time to get up and running. No settings need to be changed, none of that nonsense. That's exactly my main standpoint.

I started using Apple computer first off and always loved the Mac operating system.

I bought a Dell with Microsoft OS and it was the worst piece of junk ever. Constant updates and virus protection hassles.
It ran OK for a couple years then died. Had to call service and talk to some guy in India that I couldn't understand.

I went back to Mac and will never look back. :D

Then can we safely say this?

MAC for newbs, PC for nerds. :kickass:

If that is in regards to my statement of being up and running in no time...

No. It's in regards to your bullshit bottle neck statement and reassurances that you really don't know what you're talking about. PROVEN! You're a part of the "plug it in and run" mentality and that's fine. There are just others that demand much more from our computers, but you obviously aren't a part of that camp. I won't bore you with the details.