Help convince me to go Mac...

MTE, you're getting more than a bit nutty now dude.... your first tip of the hat, beyond the nearly instant recourse to name-calling, was that disturbing reply to metaltastic... and now you are seeing the big bad mac-boogeyman in everything i say and busting out the ALL BOLD CAPS trolltasticness... not to mention continuing to make assumptions about my intelligence, experience, and knowledge that you have no way at all to know anything about.

boo!

and FYI, i'm having my best year ever... booked for a huge chunk of '09 already and no sign of the offeres letting up. see, it's that assumption thing again.... bites ya in the ass when you're too busy raning to take note of the fact that your pants are down.

Sorry for becoming a bit personal, but it just looks like you still aren't convinced you're a pro.

a Lot of people here are. Maybe take that hint?

Oh, for the record, I dare to say I had the BIGGEST HIT for the SHORTEST PERIOD ever, more than a million downloads in only 14 hours. It changed the politics in my country, put a standup comedian on the map and made me a local hero.

And I'm still laughing my ass off about it.

Mulder... we've had an interesting repartee here, and i've enjoyed it... i still think you harp on the "mac evangelist" thing a bit much and overplay it to the point of condescension towards the many mac-using pros that have nothing to do with evangelizing anything... but you've managed to be witty more often than insulting, and engaging more often than asinine... cheers, hope to meet you in Amsterdam this spring... i'll be there doing press.

end of discussion. when you tame XP. Don't really need to tame OS X.

At the end of the day, I think the mac vs pc discussion has more to do with the OS rather than the hardware. And I don't know how someone can say XP is better right out of the box than OS X.

For me its the endresult that counts. I can make XP work much better than OSX. XP lets you, OSX wants to take care of you.

For me its the endresult that counts. I can make XP work much better than OSX. XP lets you, OSX wants to take care of you.

Well, if my OS was a woman, I would rather have my lady take care of me if you know what I mean. Some things you shouldn't have to work for. :lol::lol:

Well, if my OS was a woman, I would rather have my lady take care of me if you know what I mean. Some things you shouldn't have to work for. :lol::lol:

Dude, I'm in this relationship for more than twelve years. If you don't MAKE it work, it won't. :headbang: (getting married next year)

Sorry for becoming a bit personal, but it just looks like you still aren't convinced you're a pro.

You must have hit the nail on the head Mulder, or else James would have realized I was just fucking around with the occupational comments.

James, really dude, I think you're taking yourself way too seriously. As for the name calling bullshit, it was you first who told me I must not know what I'm doing on a MAC. I was the one making the comments to you about you not knowing anything about me. Way to attempt shifting my points around. But it didn't work.

no, i don't understand what you mean... the fact that i've defended things from the working man's point of view does not in any way at all indicate that i don't see myself as a pro. i'm working, earning money, doing it full time, and i have training. that makes me a "pro" whether i'm good at it or not. so, i guess we just see the word differently. i think you've inferred the wrong context to my standard "from a pro's POV" manner of discussion.

MTE... read my previous post. anyway you're seeming to agree with Mulder... that "james doesn't see himself as a pro", but then saying the opposite when you direct the comments to me, saying i take myself too seriously.

look... you got out of control and aggressive. you did. i'm not mad about it, but you did. you don't get to now have such an easy out to make yourself look blameless. i did not call you any names.

if we're all gonna play nice now, well that's great... but let's just do it without trying to wiggle out of anything said, short of an apology.

I don't know about you guys but ummm...

guitar.gif

no, i don't understand what you mean... the fact that i've defended things from the working man's point of view does not in any way at all indicate that i don't see myself as a pro.

It Does. Pride gets in the way of art, resilience and growth. And will be percieved that way. (I'm talking masterclasses here, expensive old men -like John Cage- talking to this lowly classical pianoplayer I once was)

i'm working, earning money, doing it full time, and i have training. that makes me a "pro" whether i'm good at it or not. so, i guess we just see the word differently. i think you've inferred the wrong context to my standard "from a pro's POV" manner of discussion.

I believe you can only become a pro -like you- in this bizz if you're really good at it, with a talent, interest and passion that can't be learned. Technique is just a shaping of that talent.

Hence my envy. :lol:

Well, I can play some nice Chopin for you...

Well, enough about you, here's my earth-shaking tribute to the local artevolution:

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/11777/33f7ebae/index.html

The guy sang it during the memorial of Theo van Gogh, I put music under it.

Took me three hours, but is was worth it (note the DLfigures).

sort of back on topic...

Last time I got RAM for my mac I got it from Crucial but just out of curiosity, is Kingston any good?

Dunno if the Apple BIOS can read SPD's... If not, it doesn't matter what you put in it.

All memorymanufacturers take their chips from about three fabs. The better the memory, the tighter the CAS timings. Intel mobo's can read that out, and adjust themselves.

Dunno if the Apple BIOS can read SPD's... If not, it doesn't matter what you put in it.

All memorymanufacturers take their chips from about three fabs. The better the memory, the tighter the CAS timings. Intel mobo's can read that out, and adjust themselves.
intel macs are using EFI now for firmware-level device management, not BIOS anymore.