Help convince me to go Mac...

PC Evangelists like yourself (yes, i did say exactly that.. you are clearly far more worked up about the issue than anyone else here)

I'll give you a break because you obviously haven't read all my posts through thiis thread but you couldn't be any further than the truth. I'm no PC Evangelist. I was originally just trying to post a different point of view to point out that Kazrogs comments were not fact.

Since you missed it...

For the record. I wasn't saying that either MAC or PC is better. I just hate it when someone states something in a conversation like this as fact, when it's just their own personal opinion as Kazrog did. That's all this entire conversation boils down to. Personal choice between platforms. I have to go back and forth all day long between PCs and MACs. For myself, I prefer PCs, but some people I work with love their MACs. Now a days, it really doesn't make much difference because the MAC hardware is no different than the PC. Who really cares? Use what works best for your own needs!!!

LOVED this, and very suiting. Thanks for posting!

o men... I'm really a sucker for this... laughing my ass off here..

Well I have to grant you James, the money you're making involves great music, I really started to hate the stuff I did so much that I stopped doing it fulltime and switched to AV and teaching.

Ah well, as much as I love to rant against evangelists, I like to fiddle with calculators. Not to piss anyone off, or to have a nice dickswing, its just plain fun to do. Building a whole studio on a cpu.

Yeah...

Know what? Around me, people look at computer users in this way:Macusers: Guys who really haven't got a beginning clue about how these machines operate inside but shure as hell wish they would. They leave all the coding to Jobs and brag about their saviour. Religious fanatics who try to travel on the knowledge of their master and look down on those who achieve what they can't: REAL inside knowledge.
where do you get this stuff man? i don't care about any of that. i use what i use. i only ever piped in because when you guys say all of the above type of nonsense in this forum it reeks of partisan bullshit (exactly what you accuse me of), and bitterness to me... good mac configurations work and good pc configurations work (even though windows sucks, undeniable)... you guys are the only ones making such spurious statements..... kinda amused by the whole thing i must say. i can't build cars either, but i know how to pick one that will get the job done. when it breaks down of something serious that i can't fix myself, i call shop and get it fixed.... meanwhile i drive a rental and carry on earning money. this more than offsets any losses for paying the mechanic. having said that, my "car" very seldom ever even sputters. if you choose to build your own cars, knock yourself out... this only makes you smarter about how to build PC computers, not about business or audio, or anything esle.

I know how to calibrate any Studer, I read SSL schematics. Pretty simple once you understand it, but for some people it will always remain a stunning mystery. And that's were it becomes religious.
FTR, i had an SSL 4040 E/G+ at my disposal for months, and learned it's operation top to bottom via the very well written and often humorous manuals.... i glanced at the schematics, but electronics are not my bag... brought the tech in for anything more serious than a simple re-cap..... because i chose not to learn, so i could carry on editing/tracking/mixing/earning money in the b-room. sounds to me like you have a far better chance of becoming an SSL tech, as well as a custom PC builder than i do. congrats. i'll be producing bands and mixing records. poor 'ol me.

Yeah. :mad:

And stupid me was searching the net to worm your ass back. So now I'm "iiits a smaaallll world aaaafter aaaaal, iiits a smaaaal world aaafter...."

And that's just number ten in the top 50...

Oh fuck, I need another drink...

On your G5? (a REAL Apple)

HA !

Your shot missed completely because i dont know this song ! :)

i can tell you this.. it's the undeniable consensus around here... even from the PC Evangelists. and for the record, i don't really care whether you approve of my posts or not, so you can keep your assessment of how well i did to yourself.

ps. windows sux

Metaltastic, chill out dude. That's like the third time you've said something like that to me. I read forums for entertainment value. We're all having fun here right? I think you're taking all of this way too seriously. I'm worried about you! Go play your guitar or something dude. We're grown ups here, we can take care of ourselves and I'm sure 006 won't be jumping out any windows because of his idiotic comments here. In his mind, he's 100% right and I'm the asshole. I'm just playing the part my friend.
.. and you certainly don't want my assessment of this one.

i can tell you this.. it's the undeniable consensus around here... even from the PC Evangelists.

So if it's the consensus in your little part of Florida, then your opinion is as good as fact? Consensus = fact??? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. What's next? Tomorrow the world will be flat? Way to keep pushing our intelect further James! Fact=Opinion, Opinion=Fact according to James Murphy, the ruler and knower of all.

yeah.... uh huh... did anyone else not get that by "here" i was referring to the forum? no, they all got it... because this discussion has happened numerous times and it's pretty much always been the final result... pcs/macs equal, but OSX trumps Windows. it's played out here numerous times. what was that you said again about knowing what one was talking about or??

wow, our first Windows evangelist.

wow, our first Windows evangelist.

LOL! How many times do I have to say it. Fuck Windows and Fuck the Mac. I could care less about either OS. I'm an evangelist for FACT, FACT, FACT!!! NOT YOUR OPINION!!!

but electronics are not my bag... brought the tech in for anything more serious than a simple re-cap..... because i chose not to learn

Maybe you should stay out of discussions like this one then. Not wanting to learn can get you into trouble, especially the way the recording business is going lately with everyone struggling to make money. :erk: Sorry you had to work on a Saturday, times must really be tough! ;)

where do you get this stuff man? i don't care about any of that. i use what i use. i only ever piped in because when you guys say all of the above type of nonsense in this forum it reeks of partisan bullshit (exactly what you accuse me of), and bitterness to me...
You're right on the bitterness thing going towards the evangelists, but this thread was a nice eyeopener for me.

good mac configurations work and good pc configurations work (even though windows sucks, undeniable)...
That's an opinion! :lol: When you tame XP, it runs great! Well, it does around here, and all the people I work for. And there are some great, great plugz that don't work on Mac.

you guys are the only ones making such spurious statements..... kinda amused by the whole thing i must say.

No doubt in your mind about your own part in this game?

i can't build cars either, but i know how to pick one that will get the job done. when it breaks down of something serious that i can't fix myself, i call shop and get it fixed....

Yeah, well, if you build your own car you know exactly how it will behave. That's also the nice thing about it, beeing able to fiddle and tweak it into this streamlined machine. And a big difference: I play loads of VSTi's. So my machine becomes an instrument, just like my grand downstairs.

If I hit a key on my grand and the thing falls flat on the floor, and the pianosalesguy says "What have you been playing?" I get pissed (who wouldn't). That happened to me during my Appledays. Now I know how to tune and take care of it myself, and that ease of mind really makes a BIG difference while playing.

this only makes you smarter about how to build PC computers, not about business or audio, or anything esle.

:lol:

FTR, i had an SSL 4040 E/G+ at my disposal for months, and learned it's operation top to bottom via the very well written and often humorous manuals.... i glanced at the schematics, but electronics are not my bag...

Those cheap bastards... I learned some nice shortcuts from it... How to make a milliondesk with el cheapo parts..

brought the tech in for anything more serious than a simple re-cap..... because i chose not to learn, so i could carry on editing/tracking/mixing/earning money in the b-room. sounds to me like you have a far better chance of becoming an SSL tech, as well as a custom PC builder than i do. congrats. i'll be producing bands and mixing records. poor 'ol me.

James, I LIKE IT. a LOT. :lol:

I don't have the peopleskills to run long sessions with wound-up musicians who are so insecure they have to play topdog all the time, high on God knows what, bringin in friends who vaporate everything you thought of to make the CR quiet and a workplace were you can concentrate.

I envy you because of the people you work with, if its an image of the guys who visit this forum I would love to do it again. But then, Techno, AV, Rock, classical, alls well. But metal... Fuck, I don't know how to really master it, I find it so fucking hard to do..

MTE, you're getting more than a bit nutty now dude.... your first tip of the hat, beyond the nearly instant recourse to name-calling, was that disturbing reply to metaltastic... and now you are seeing the big bad mac-boogeyman in everything i say and busting out the ALL BOLD CAPS trolltasticness... not to mention continuing to make assumptions about my intelligence, experience, and knowledge that you have no way at all to know anything about.

boo!

and FYI, i'm having my best year ever... booked for a huge chunk of '09 already and no sign of the offers letting up. see, it's that assumption thing again.... bites ya in the ass when you're too busy ranting to take note of the fact that your pants are down.

LOL! How many times do I have to say it. Fuck Windows and Fuck the Mac. I could care less about either OS. I'm an evangelist for FACT, FACT, FACT!!! NOT YOUR OPINION!!!

Maybe you should stay out of discussions like this one then. Not wanting to learn can get you into trouble, especially the way the recording business is going lately with everyone struggling to make money. :erk: Sorry you had to work on a Saturday.

I dont know if you need to tell James about the business tbqh.

HA !

Your shot missed completely because i dont know this song ! :)

DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK!!!

(Oh, and James, its a nice example how I earned my grand downstairs)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an opinion! :lol: When you tame XP, it runs great! Well, it does around here, and all the people I work for. And there are some great, great plugz that don't work on Mac.

end of discussion. when you tame XP. Don't really need to tame OS X.

At the end of the day, I think the mac vs pc discussion has more to do with the OS rather than the hardware. And I don't know how someone can say XP is better right out of the box than OS X.

So if it's the consensus in your little part of Florida, then your opinion is as good as fact? Consensus = fact??? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. What's next? Tomorrow the world will be flat? Way to keep pushing our intelect further James! Fact=Opinion, Opinion=Fact according to James Murphy, the ruler and knower of all.

In FACT, Windows sucks.
I use it my self, and know very well how to get it running smoothly, but its full of security holes and such that needs to be controlled through some heavy software(Badass firewalls, antivirus etc.).
If you don't believe that Windows uses more ram, cpu and has more security issues then other operative systems, then you are just ignorant.

So unless you see memory leaks and security holes as features, you are wrong.

But hey, lets stop this whole discussion and talk about cakes in stead.
I like chocolate cakes with sprinkles and whipped cream, don't you?

(Having that opinion my self, i am f*cking stunned of that drunken rage i had against JBroll earlier!)