Help convince me to go Mac...

2. Because of "better" software.
Hmm this could be the best argument... but it is a nonargument because the software is only as good as the human being who moves and clicks the mouse and types on the keyboard.

You have forgotten the other direction of this argument... a person may only be as good as the software allows, for sufficiently broken software. Tools don't make the end result alone, but NEVER underestimate the power of poor software to hold its users back. Nobody could track a decent record if their tools weren't able to record and play audio.

Notuern said:
Never join the darkside, they have cookies

Everyone has cookies, they're just very odd sometimes.

Windows cookies take over your mind and fill your genetic material with printer drivers. Also, walking into walls is considered to be normal behavior after consuming these.

OS X cookies make your fingers get bigger whenever you try to use them.

Linux cookies aren't too bad, but you have to make them from scratch... of course, making them from scratch involves inventing flour, and inventing flour requires creating the universe, and creating the universe requires extensive knowledge of Python.

BSD cookies come in large boxes, and can only be considered, purchased, and eaten in these large boxes. However, they make Linux cookies as well.

Solaris cookies are unoriginal, often stolen cookies that have been kept in a jar for about eight years... and the only flavor is stale coffee.

Jeff

You have forgotten the other direction of this argument... a person may only be as good as the software allows, for sufficiently broken software. Tools don't make the end result alone, but NEVER underestimate the power of poor software to hold its users back. Nobody could track a decent record if their tools weren't able to record and play audio.

True.

I just dont think that it is a good argument in a debate called "MAC VS PC" because there is enough very good non user limiting software on both sides (IMHO of course).

lol

What are the best nonarguments to convince someone to get a mac ?

1. Because many pros use it.
LOLOLOL yeah i know that many amateurs buy them and expect to become more "pro" ;)
Seriously if you have some talent you will become a pro regardless of what type of computer you have in your studio.

2. Because of "better" software.
Hmm this could be the best argument... but it is a nonargument because the software is only as good as the human being who moves and clicks the mouse and types on the keyboard. If you don't know how to use Logic then even Fruity Loops will be better in your hands hehehe.

3. Because they are cool.
Yeah right... roftlmao ! Be yourself and you will be cooler than every wannabe kid who thinks that any gadget will make him cool.

4. Because of their better stability and reliability.
MAC crash too, MAC break too, it is more expensive to repair it, a properly maintained PC will be as rock stable and reliable as my PC is, but i know what i am doing, so if you are not good at troubleshooting PC and WIN XP you may as well get a MAC if you have too much money.

5. Because there is absolutely no risk of getting a virus on a MAC.
If you MAC user really think it is true and are careless online and offline then most probably you already have a virus on your machine - you just dont know about it because you dont think you need to have a virus scanner on your MAC. I will write it in capital letters: THERE IS NO COMPUTER THAT IS 100% IMMUNE TO VIRUSES, yes there are more virii written for PC but if you are careful and KNOW WHAT TO DO AND WHAT NOT TO DO then you will be relatively safe even on a PC.

Bottom line:

If you know how to use your PC/WIN XP and if you are better at using Cubendo, Reaper, etc on a PC than Logic, whatever etc on a MAC and if you like to have an access to few excellent freeware, hundreds of good quality freeware and thousands of crappy freeware apps then stay with your PC.

If not then you are free to CHOOSE and LEARN and MASTER whichever of these 2.)

Even though i didnt like the way it was written, this is probably one of the best post's in this thread. ;)

I agree on everything, but just as JBroll, i have to say that bad software holds you back.
But i cant say that i can come up with one piece of audiorelated software for Mac you cant find an equal to on PC.

Everyone has cookies, they're just very odd sometimes.

Windows cookies take over your mind and fill your genetic material with printer drivers. Also, walking into walls is considered to be normal behavior after consuming these.

OS X cookies make your fingers get bigger whenever you try to use them.

Linux cookies aren't too bad, but you have to make them from scratch... of course, making them from scratch involves inventing flour, and inventing flour requires creating the universe, and creating the universe requires extensive knowledge of Python.

BSD cookies come in large boxes, and can only be considered, purchased, and eaten in these large boxes. However, they make Linux cookies as well.

Solaris cookies are unoriginal, often stolen cookies that have been kept in a jar for about eight years... and the only flavor is stale coffee.

Jeff

Hahaha. :lol:

Mutant has laid down the law, and Notuern has endorsed it with is offical stamp... thus, i shall retreat to the ranks of those who are not being themselves and only relying on gadgets to make us cool.

heh heh, well it's clear some people involved in this discussion are affected by trendy advertisements.... not so sure it's actually the users of said "gadgets".

Mutant has laid down the law, and Notuern has endorsed it with is offical stamp... thus, i shall retreat to the ranks of those who are not being themselves and only relying on gadgets to make us cool.

heh heh, well it's clear some people involved in this discussion are affected by trendy advertisements.... not so sure it's actually the users of said "gadgets".

Hey!
Dont drag me in to the bashin'! ;)

I am a PC-guy, but that doesn't mean that i look down on Mac.
If you like Mac, use Mac.. if you like PC, use a PC.

To quote my self:
Mac:
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

;)

yes, i know the song.... it's the only song i have on my supertrendysexycool 500GB iPod classicnanotouch.... just that song, 1,000,000 times so i don't to ever learn to use the repeat function ;)

No !

You would still be cool even if you sometime decide to use a pink MAC with "my little ponies" stickers all over it !

No !

You would still be cool even if you sometime decide to use a pink MAC with "my little ponies" stickers all over it !
nah, that's my PC

45513484_c068150a94.jpg

:p

Heres something funny and not 100% serious:
and pointless too unless you are making the point that smarmy eastern european jag-offs can fuck up a computer just as bad as smarmy jag-offs from everywhere else can.... lol... or that Logic sux nutz.

:lol:

and pointless too unless you are making the point that smarmy eastern european jag-offs can fuck up a computer just as bad as smarmy jag-offs from everywhere else can.... lol... or that Logic sux nutz.

:lol:

Yes that video proves only one thing:
MACs are not immune to user error.

(I think that guy is german which is western europe and he is just making a parody :) )

lol.. yeah..i got that... it's pretty much exactly what i said.

(I think that guy is german which is western europe and he is just making a parody :) )
yeah, Germany is Western Europe. ...except for Eastern Germany... which is, you know.... interesting. :lol:

ps. i've played in east germany many times in the 90's and i always enjoyed it there... so no hate mail please. ;)

This was an Emagic product recoded by the fine folks at Apple.

It looks a lot better now. :lol:

But do y'all see my point? Although this piece of once beautiful software is seriously harmed after its makeover, the guy trying to work with it still spreads the gospel.

Lol...well then. Who cares anyway? Is it really that big of a deal? I'm not seeing anything about Apple refusing to remedy the problem...shall I go find a bunch of news stories about exploding laptop batteries from a while back? Sony, I think it was...

~006