Help with Symphony X

ICEDEARTHFAN

IN MEMORY.....
Sep 24, 2008
Northeast Alabama
Okay I'm a power metal guy,but I like some songs by just about each prog band that plays Progpower.I'm just not one who actually goes and buys prog cd's but with Symphony X can anyone tell me some songs that might cater more to the heavier side and are not 8 or 10 minutes long? I know this band is loved but I don't know where to start.

These are some of my favorites, pretty "direct" songs and under 7 minutes. I think these might be some of their best songs overall. Let me know if you dig them! :)

If you like the heavier side without excessively long tracks, Paradise Lost is definitely the way to go.

These are some of my favorites, pretty "direct" songs and under 7 minutes. I think these might be some of their best songs overall. Let me know if you dig them! :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Set The World On Fire and Serpent's Kiss (reccommended by Dave)
Domination,End of Innocence,Evolution are also awesome.
Are these songs that they will definitely play live?

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Set The World On Fire and Serpent's Kiss (reccommended by Dave)
Domination,End of Innocence,Evolution are also awesome.
Are these songs that they will definitely play live?

The setlist the last time I saw them was:

Of Sins and Shadows
Domination
Serpent's Kiss
End of Innocence
Paradise Lost
Smoke and Mirrors
Eve of Seduction
Dehumanized
Set the World On Fire
The Odyssey

So I'd say that's a yes. The Odyssey was their encore and it was only there to extend the set since Nevermore cancelled. Their sets don't change much so unless they do something unusual for ProgPower it looks like you'll get to see your favorites.