Helsinki Tavastia Club

Savoy Truffle

Table drummer
Jul 4, 2005
Helsinki, Finland
Fuck the nation.

Just few hours, and we`ll be seeing Opeth live. Isn`t it amazing? :)
Slightly drunk, but who cares?

And tomorrow we`ll get to see Mike live, in an autograph-session. Can`t wait...

But the BIG question will be; what kind of set-list will they play tonight???

ZeDzEdZeD said:
See ya tomorrow! Hopefully there would be some surprises about setlist tomorrow ;)

Fuck that was amazing gig! Mike had some nice jokes between the songs. When I yelled "play I hate hip-hop", he said "that is actually a great song".

The setlist was:
Baying of the hounds
When
Deliverance
In my time of Need
To rid the disease
The Grand Conjuration
Face of Melinda
Blackwater Park

--------------
encore: Demon of the Fall

I think he just forgot that one. They seem to play the exact same set on every gig. Which is no big surprise, since Axe wasnt give that much time to learn all them beatz.

Meh, but that's not cool. They've played it at all the shows on this tour except this one. I'm going to see the gig on Sunday and damnit, if they don't play that OR something better, I won't be pleased. :/

Was Mikael still wearing that Nosferatu shirt I saw him wearing at Sounds of the Underground nearly three months ago in July, and in every concert photo since ? I sure hope he has several of those shirts, or washes it every day. Otherwise it can probably walk by itself by now ;-).

'Was Mikael still wearing that Nosferatu shirt I saw him wearing at Sounds of the Underground nearly three months ago in July, and in every concert photo since ? I sure hope he has several of those shirts, or washes it every day. Otherwise it can probably walk by itself by now ;-).'

Lol :D

Yes!

It was indeed fucking awesome.

A minor detail that made the show really: someone yelled between songs as loud as one possibly can "masters apprentice motherfuckers!", and the whole band bursted out in laughter. Then Mike started playing the riff and the band followed. They played a few bars until the first verse. It was mind boggling. And after that someone yelled "ghost of perdition motherfuckerrs!", Mike played a bit of that too but said he needs his blue guitar for that. :)

How can you not love theses guys?!

Three cheers for Opeth! Long live Opeth!

He said that he needs the blue guitar for Master's Apprentices as it is in EADGBE tuning and in that point he had his black guitar which was in Ghost Reveries tuning (I don't remember the tuning they used there) to start playing The Grand Conjuration.

I'm going to Tavastia tonight, too. Tonight I'm taking my camera with me, hoping to get some good pics.

Really nice gig, I went there jus out of curiosity. Since I haven't really liked the material people have been playing to me from cds. So I had to check out how they sound live. And I was just amazed!

I'm not rushing into buying cds just yet, but the live DVD might be my goal first.

Oh yeah, some crappy pics I took from the crowd can be found from here: http://www.metalscope.net or directly by clicking here

zortz said:
Nice shots. They looked thrilled to do the close ups too :lol: . They're probably just thinking of all the new photoshop monstrosities to come out of it.
those 2 up close shots of per and peter are just ripe for PS'ing :p