Heres some cds to buy!

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Im bored.

Everyone seems to have different tastes to me when it comes to music. So you know what that means right? Thats right, theres lots of fantastic cds out there you dont own, such as...

Entombed - Morning Star: I cant believe Southy and I are still the only ones who own this! (I think anyway, correct me if im wrong) This album rules, its heavy as f**k and twice as mean :D Just buy it, dont look for samples, dont get MP3s, just GET IT, you will NOT be sorry :)

Annihilator - Waking The Fury: Thrash the way they used to make it :headbang: And Nothing To Me is the greatest song ACDC never wrote. Some of these songs are so fast im surprised Jeff Waters (the guitarist) didnt break his wrist. Think Seasons era Slayer to get some idea of what they sound like. Also get Carnival Diablos as that rocks as well :D

Sinergy - To Hell And Back: Most people here will know and love Suicide By My Side by now, but this one is perhaps even better, Laid To Rest is one of the best ballads ever, Wake Up In Hell is awesome and The Bitch Is Back is shreddingly good :) No surprise the guitar work is phenomenal of course, but so is the songwriting, go buy it!

Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings: This one just came out as a single cd from the Dark Genesis set. Even if you already own Burnt Offerings (which I do) its well worth it, the remixing and remastering sounds about 1000 times better than the original :)
(Dont buy the debut or Stormrider if you already have them though, the debut has some of the worst vocals EVER and Stormrider has good vocals, but the Days Of Purgatory and Alive In Athens versions with Matt on them are better IMHO)

Dragonlord - Rapture: I usually hate black metal vocals, but these are alright, and understandable. This is Testament guitarist Eric Petersons side project, and if you like any black metal from COB to Dimmu Borgir I think you will like this, theres no ballads though, its brutal all the way through, but its pretty good and for me to say that about black metal, a real fan of it will probably love it :D

Machinehead - The More Things Change: This is their second album, everyone always goes on about Burn My Eyes, but apart from Old and Davidian its not as good as its made out to be, but this is GREAT, it always seems to get overlooked though :cry: Its *very* aggressive, GREAT riffs, ratherpissedoffindeed vocals, and some really great songs. For sheer aggression its hard to beat this, stuff like Spine, Frontlines and Take My Scars rocks! :headbang: Buy it!

Zakk Wylde - Book Of Shadows: All acoustic stuff, not heavy at all, and its still great :) Just consider yourselves warned its nothing like his BLS stuff! Download Somewhere Between Heaven And Hell if you want to see what its like before you buy it.

I wouldnt really call dragonlord black metal as such. I think its just thrash with keyboardy parts a bit of blast beats and different vocals. Well thats my take on it.

And btw the first iced earth album rules and the singer is that bad! The music more than makes his voice, which isnt really that bad anyhow :) Curse the sky :headbang:

I dont know, I dont really know much black metal so you may well be right, its black thrash then :D

Come on, you cant be serious, Gene is an AWFUL singer! The SONGS are really great, I agree, but he really isnt very good at all...
I guess its tolerable, but some of the parts, like the "What do I seeeeeee" bit on Iced Earth are laughable! When I first heard it I wondered how in the hell Iced Earth ever got a record deal! :)

I kinda laughed the first time I heard it, but after a while it kinda grew on me :) Besides he doesnt sing like that on any other songs and his normal singing voice, while not being matt, is still very listenable and doesnt really spoil the album. Of course it could still be ALOT better :) But I aint complaining :cool:

I do love the intro and keyboards on When The Night Falls on the debut :worship: You are right, he isnt as bad on the other songs as on Iced Earth but still, he is pretty bad :)

Ahh but Spiffy, I didnt like Burnt Offerings much apart from Dantes and Last December until I heard the remix/remaster :)

Originally posted by spawn
Entombed - Morning Star: I cant believe Southy and I are still the only ones who own this!
I've been thinking about it, after hearing a song on 3HOP. It'd on my list of things to check out. :)
Annihilator - Waking The Fury: Thrash the way they used to make it :headbang:
What do you mean? SFSGSW is old school thrash at its best, and you don't like it! :confused:
Sinergy - To Hell And Back
Another one on my list. I have been meaning to get this for ages, as what I have heard of it (mp3s) are excellent.
Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings: This one just came out as a single cd from the Dark Genesis set. Even if you already own Burnt Offerings (which I do) its well worth it, the remixing and remastering sounds about 1000 times better than the original :)
He speaketh the truth. Even though I loved the original, the remaster of this album is fucking unreal. One of my all time fav albums. :headbang:
Machinehead - The More Things Change: This is their second album, everyone always goes on about Burn My Eyes, but apart from Old and Davidian its not as good as its made out to be, but this is GREAT, it always seems to get overlooked though :cry: Its *very* aggressive, GREAT riffs, ratherpissedoffindeed vocals, and some really great songs. For sheer aggression its hard to beat this, stuff like Spine, Frontlines and Take My Scars rocks! :headbang: Buy it!
I disagree with you about BME, as it has lot more good shit on it, but I DO agree with you on TMTC. A very overlooked, very good album. 'Struck A Nerve' :headbang:

SFSGSW is a great album. I think the fact that Spawny doesn't like it just makes it a much better album. :)

Note for everyone out there - if Spawn doesn't like it, then it's probably a must-have. He should cut his long hair off and get a skeg haircut and hang around with his skater mates.

Hey Goreripper has joined the "we know how fantastic Morning Star is and you dont" club :D

Blitzy: Get the Annihilator cd, you will love it, and while you are at it, grab Criteria For A Black Widow as well, tis thrashtastic :) I do like BME but I think TMTC is a stronger record overall, but its good to see somone hasnt overlooked it! :headbang:

Gorey: Im not really familiar with black metal too much, so I didnt mind it, the vocals are sorta acceptable so I can listen to it without wondering why they are choking a cat :)

Koichi: Go listen to Devin thingamo and shutup ;) ;)