Cds you should buy

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Im bored and the dickhead train controllers have lost some of the delay sheets for the 4th time this week, so im pouting and heres some cds you should all buy:

B00009AHNQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Regressus by Mystic Prophecy, think (old, heavy) Iced Earth crossed with Judas Priest and Grave Digger. Gus G is the guitarist in this band and as you should all know, he is a genius. Awesome album, as you will be able to tell from the MP3s. Just go buy it, I would never steer you wrong.
http://www.valleyseve.de/mystic/audio/hell.mp3
http://www.valleyseve.de/mystic/audio/lords.mp3
http://www.valleyseve.de/mystic/audio/mp.mp3

r1_cover_europe_small.jpg

Between Heaven And Hell by Firewind, Gus G is in this band as well, they are quite similair to Mystic Prophecy, with added guitar melodies, a whole bunch of soloesque Dio and a REALLY good vocalist, he sounds a bit like Tony Martin from Black Sabbath. What a champion. Couldnt find any MP3s but if you download Worlds Of Conflict or Warrior you will see how awesome they are. If you like Dio at his best, you will love this band.

B0000027DJ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Its as good as Trash. Go buy it. In fact, it may even be better than Trash.

SusperiaCov.gif

Unlimited by Susperia, everyone here knows how awesome The Gathering by Testament is right? Well if Testament released this everyone would be saying the 6 year wait between albums was worth it. The vocalist sounds a lot like Chuck, though he has more clean parts in the songs, but mostly its all HEAVY thrash. This shits all over Susperias previous albums, and if you liked The Gathering you will love this, I give you a cast iron 100% money back guarantee!* You must buy this album, it ROCKS.
*not a guarantee

Destroyer-666-Cold-Steel-For-An-Iron-Age-cover.jpg

Cold Steel... For An Iron Age by Destroyer 666, great black/thrash metal. Sons Of Perdition has the best chorus ever, it rules. Every song will make you want to yell the chorus while drinking a beverage of your choice and toast the unholy forces of evil.

429.jpg

Ever wondered what Rhapsody would sound like without all the cheese? And if they were black metal and gothic? At The Gates Of Utopia by Stormlord is your answer.
http://www.stormlord.net/Stormlord%20-%20Supreme%20Art%20Of%20War%20-%2004%20-%20Age%20Of%20The%20Dragon.mp3
http://www.stormlord.net/Stormlord%20-%20At%20The%20Gates%20Of%20Utopia%20-%2003%20-%20Xanadu.mp3
Unfortunately Xanadu is one of the worst songs on the album, but they put that MP3 up sadly. But get Age Of The Dragon too.

B0000255CL.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

At The Heart Of Winter by Immortal, the best combination of 80s thrash/metal and black metal EVER. Download Withstand The Fall Of Time and At The Heart Of Winter and see how right I am, and the answer is very.

B0000AN196.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Seriously. Just buy it and stop being all whiny about it for crying out loud. If I hear one more "Oh I picked it up but then I bought a shitty, shitty album instead because im an idiot" post, ill be very unhappy. Or get the DVDAudio edition as it sounds even better. Probably the best produced album ever, great songs, great drumming and Shagrath goes "GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRR!" in a few of the songs. Now that they are on Ozzfest they will become popular and you wont be allowed to complain about it and call them sellouts if you werent into them before it happened. So get to it. And the video clip for Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse is one of the best ever made. Buy it, even Koichi loves it!*
*This is a lie

B00005A0XA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Even better than Death Cult Armageddon, Dimmu Borgir goes thrash on this one. Its really, really, really, really good. It even makes you breakfast in bed after a torrid night listening to it.

B00011CU7Y.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Black/thrash Pantaloons metal! This album rocks, lots of middle eastern influences, this is the kind of thing the Prince Of Persia listened to before he got locked up in that shitty dungeon and had to rescue his princess.

B000078DOC.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Versus The World by Amon Amarth, death/black metal with a Viking twist. Its the sort of thing Conan The Barbarian and Kull The Conquerer would crush, kill and destroy too. Its awesome. If you want to be a real man, you must own this album.
http://www.metalblade.de/mp3/amonamarth-Deathinfire.mp3

B00000582H.01._PE_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Altars Of Madness by Morbid Angel. I couldnt find any Blessed Are The Sick MP3s, so I put this album. BATS is better though, not by much, but it is. Anyway, if you too want to hear about Sumerian/Cthulhic mythology, weird leads, ahead of its time songwriting and great vocals, then you should buy this. I would if I hadnt already.
http://www.earache.com/bands/morbid_angel/mp3/Chapel_Of_Ghouls.mp3

mini-Majesty%20-%20Sword%20and%20Sorcery.jpg

Sword And Sorcery by Majesty. Move over Manowar. If you want to hear ULTRA repetitive songs with choruses that consist of 5 or 6 words repeated over and over, with lyrics about metal, riding into battle, brothers of steel and fighting wars, then buy this album. If you want a shoddy 8th rate Manowar ripoff, buy this album. If you think Galtar is as worthy a barbarian as Conan, buy this album. If you suck harder than a hooker when sailors come to town, buy this album.

And there you have it folks. One of those albums was really shitty but im not telling you which one, you have to work it out for yourselves.

B000009QOC.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I forgot, get this too, Lucifuge by Danzig. Its like a darker more gothic Back In Black :worship: Download Long Way Back From Hell, Devils Plaything ( :headbang: ) and Im The One.

Whatever you do, dont buy Dechristianize people. Just say no.

Pantaloons metal shall overtake the world one day Blitzy :headbang:

Yep, Djinn is awesome too, I wouldnt say better, but its probably as good... :) Im trying to track down their debut at the moment too.

These are must have have albums I think for anybody who like sleaze/glam, hard rock & melodic rock.

Vain.jpg

This is my #1 album of all time. Yes, I like it better than Vinnie Vincent Invasion.

Shotgun.jpg

Great album. No filler, tons of attitude, sleazy as hell, and killer playing.

Heavens.jpg

Dynamite. Big choruses, awesome production, nice keyboards scattered throughout. Good mix of melodic metal & AOR with the occasional sleaze song mixed in for good measure too.

Hericane.jpg

I seem to play this album at least once a week. It has alot of great songs and a really good singer. Just good hard rock really.

Keel.jpg

Excellent '80s melodic metal with a top singer. Imagine classic Scoprions/Judas Priest style arena metal, with Dokken harmonies and KISS hooks, and it's produced by Michael Wagener.

Danger.jpg

Simply a must for anybody who likes '80s Bon Jovi, Hysteria-era Def Leppard, etc. Great commercial, catchy late '80s melodic hard rock.

Pink.jpg

For those who haven't even taken my advice yet on this band.... Because you really should, trust me. Great artwork too.

Roxx.jpg

Sleaze/glam on the darker & heavier side. A few filler tracks here but some real gems too like Scratch My Back, No Easy Way Out, Red Rose, Live Fast Die Young and Nine Lives. Dripping with attitude.

Rock & Roll.

Oh. That's not very good.

Well lets play a game - who can guess which album I'm talkin about with them? Haha. Nah I'll try and fix it.