High Quality Heir Apparent Video

I think that Fredrik's solo is pretty "opethian". You know, when he joined Opeth I thought that it would be a change in Opeth solos, because Fred is really skilly guitarist - you know, some kind of virtuoso. Mike and Peter never were a pretty fast and technical guitarists - they both would agree, I think. But they've got another type of soloing - you know, each of their solo sounds not like an ordinary heavy metal solo, but like some part of the whole song - just like any riff or interlude. There is no improvising and, I think, it's very good for Opeth. Every Mike's and Peter's solo has a strong structure and complex composition - if you'll change one note, it will be another solo and it will be another song in complex.

And Fred did the same with that solo in "Heir Apparent". It's very strong as a part of a composition - it wouldn't be nice to change some notes, because it fits perfectly. I don't know about other solos on the album, but that one is played very "opethian". And I like it so much!

God I love that opening chord they hit. It sounds like someone dropped a piano. I hope it comes across the same in the studio version.