Hip-Hop

Black eyed peas are good, not all their stuff but they have real good kickass song called Anxiety

Here's my favorite hip hop albums:

Dalek - From the Filthy Tongues of Gods and Griots
Deltron 3030 - 3030
Dr Octagon - Dr Octagynocologist
Atmosphere - Seven's Travels
Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein
cLOUDEAD - s/t
UNKLE - Psyence Fiction

Uhh... none of these are instrumental, but instrumental hip hop usually extremely bores me as I find the vocals to be the best parts usually, except for Dan the Automators work. Check out anything and everything Dan the Automator related, he rules.

I like Canderia, if that counts. Also, SOME (i said SOME) eminem is bearable, like the way i am, which is actually a very well written song.

Automator! I was trying to think of who the producer was on that Del shit. That guy's the king of producers. He did Dr Octagon too, right? What else has he done?

Sage Francis is a good call. Is he one of those Minnesota crackas? The flows he comes up with are flabergasting.

I'm very disappointed in myself for not mentioning DJ Quick in my earlier post. I was listening to his first album the other day, and it's so good. Wicked loops with guitar, bass, keyboard, and drums along with great production and, of course, hot licks on the wax. I'm givin' it all these props by today's standards, but it was in '92!

"You gotta be a real nigga in a Cypress Hill pit." - Sen Dog

Oh, and while I'm here, for you feminists and communists out there, there's a kick ass group called The Coup with a very good female dj and a communist message.

Kill my landlord.

I don't mind listening to some of the early '90s L.A. gangsta rap stuff. Not so much coz i like rap music (coz I'm not a rap fan at all really) but I just find that scene kinda fascinating so the albums that really kinda capture it I don't mind listening to because as I said I think its interesting. Kinda like how I'm a bit fascinated by the late '60s hippie era, and while I hate most hippie/folk music, I like some of those psychadelic songs from that era that really capture it because they fascinate me.

The stuff I don't mind is stuff like "Amerikka's Most Wanted" by Ice Cube, "Doggystyle" by Snoop Doggy Dogg before he went all weird & pimp-like, "The Chronic" by Dr. Dre etc. is what I mean, the in-your-face stuff dealing with life in South Central before it was seen as being "cool". That stuff I think commands some respect for being true art at least in expressing the dangers & frustrations of living in such a shithole and pretty much having no way out & no prospects and a high chance of being killed. But anything last about the mid-90s I can't stand coz yeah I don't actually like the sound of rap or hip hop music. And also now that lifestyle seems to have been glorified and its "cool" to be a "homie" or gang banger which is fucking stupid and another reason I hate hip hop music now. And what I hate most is when people in the same situation as me (white middle class kids in a nice area) are stupid enuff to buy into it all and try to act like they are black and probably wish they were, not realising that their own life is alot better and not even grateful for it.

There's my little rant anyway. As I said, those few selected albums are just something I can tolerate and respect and find interesting to hear now and then. But thats about the extent of it. By all means I'm not a hip hop or rap fan.

It's rock & roll all the way for me till I die :headbang: