Holy crap! European metal!!??

I'd really like that song a little bit more if it weren't for the tree-hugging hippy lyrics. Or the tree hugging hippy lyrics were indecipherable. And yes! Nevermore are one of my favourite bands.

yeah i know what you mean, i could do for a little less of the hippie tree hugging lyrics in that song as well......so i just skip forward to the good part!

Originally posted by IOfTheStorm
what do u say u ignorant fool ?
u.s.a. has slayer,morbid angel, nevermore, jag panzer, queensryche, fates warning, symphony x , omen, cirith ungol, helstar , metal church, overkill, anthrax, agent steel and TONS of other superbe metal bands .
i hate it when ignorant fools say shit

I'm glad that you can hide behind your computer and blatantly flame people. I'm not going to sit here and battle my musical knowledge with you...as you know nothing of my background. My point is that IN GENERAL U.S. metal very much lacks in appeal compared to the scenes of other countries.
You don't see the likes of Slayer and Jag Panzer at the top of the U.S. charts. My country is dominated by "nu-metal" or whatever you would like to call it and the "pop icons" of the world.

no, no, you all have it wrong, it's spelled

Y-U-R-U-P-P

and all the commies live there

:)

europe_cover.gif

I'm glad that you can hide behind your computer and blatantly flame people.
yeah, so what ...?
download time can pass easily with flaming fools, or discussing some music things seriously.
that "hide behind ur comp" and stuff is STUPID , cause everyone speaks through a pc here so everyone hides , by ur so intelligent logic ...
edit: btw, it's terribly depressing how you seem completely unable to detect irony. it's not something related to iron.
yes go on waste some more brain in thinking on answering in an internet forum ....
who cares about irony in an internet forum, maybe dark tranquility fans while hamsterdancing by the disco sounds of "projector"

I apologize for my fellow board member's immaturity. Don't waste your time on him. I do it all of the time, and it's really not worth it.

in the beginning i thought this could be a fun thread where ppl could simulate being biased against/pro european/u.s. metal or anything else. unfortunately, i later found out that ppl actually are.

forgive my naivety, but i still think guerrilla is joking. what is the point of posting thousands of messages about what is "flowery" and what is not? the thread on the nevermore forum is basically right: there was a general overreaction that makes this board look silly.
for those who've been living in a dark cave for the past twenty years, my first reply was just for fun. i don't really care about the origin of metal or any other music. besides, everybody knows the best bands are on jupiter.

the flames stop here, btw. this was never a serious discussion in the first place, and you can't really turn it into one.

rahvin.