Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
speed said:
Perhaps we could move the topic into famous gays.
walt whitman (who has a transgendered school named after him)
james buchanan (the only pres who was not married durring term in office because his fiance killed herself after walking in on him fucking a man)
leonardo davinci / michelangelo (the one that painted the sistine chapel)

Danallica said:
I dont understand how gay people can have children - unless, of course, through unnatural ways, or adoption
gay men would enter into "sham" marriges with lesbians and they would have penis-in-vagina sex for the sole purpose of producing children so that the general public would not notice that both the man and the woman were secretly having gay sex

speed said:
I'm quoting myself here (which is both arrogant and sad). Seriously though, why are homosexuals the no.1 philosophical topic ever? Too many repressed homosexuals on the board? I dont get it. Perhaps we could move the topic into famous gay philosophers. Plato, Nietszche, Wittgenstein, possibly Schopenhauer (who perhaps just hated everyone,the old loveable coot)--the list goes on and on.

To speculate on the sexual preferences of people with no degree of certainty is an endeavor that I find highly distasteful. For instance, Arthur Schopenhauer was quite a hit with the ladies in his youth despite his views on them. There is little evidence that Nietzsche was homosexual. The rumor that Nietzsche contracted syphilis is almost certainly untrue. Lastly, regardless of his sexuality, Plato denounced homosexual behavior in his Laws. As tired as this discussion is, gossiping about people who lived hundreds of years ago would be even worse.

speed said:
because some people have unrealized homosexual urges they are afraid of. They are always the ones that are the most vocal opponents.
perhaps this describes some of the people typing on this thread
perhaps the people who are the most adamantly rejecting homosexuality (on this thread) are in actuality disgusted with themselves because they are feeling homosexual impulses that they don't know how to deal with because they are panicked about homophobic people harrassing them and so they become extremely vocal in their protesting of homosexuality so that they are the ones harrasing instead of the ones being harased
in the USA homophobia has become cyclic to the point that it won't ever comepletely go away

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
gay men would enter into "sham" marriges with lesbians and they would have penis-in-vagina sex for the sole purpose of producing children so that the general public would not notice that both the man and the woman were secretly having gay sex
\Oh ok fair enuf

Demiurge said:
To speculate on the sexual preferences of people with no degree of certainty is an endeavor that I find highly distasteful. For instance, Arthur Schopenhauer was quite a hit with the ladies in his youth despite his views on them. There is little evidence that Nietzsche was homosexual. The rumor that Nietzsche contracted syphilis is almost certainly untrue. Lastly, regardless of his sexuality, Plato denounced homosexual behavior in his Laws. As tired as this discussion is, gossiping about people who lived hundreds of years ago would be even worse.

Exactly, the sexual orientation of any thinker or scientist or artist, etc, is generally not relevant. Hence, this thread...

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
perhaps this describes some of the people typing on this thread
perhaps the people who are the most adamantly rejecting homosexuality (on this thread) are in actuality disgusted with themselves because they are feeling homosexual impulses that they don't know how to deal with because they are panicked about homophobic people harrassing them and so they become extremely vocal in their protesting of homosexuality so that they are the ones harrasing instead of the ones being harased
in the USA homophobia has become cyclic to the point that it won't ever comepletely go away

Bullshit, to be quite honest I really don't like Blacks that much (or rather, "Black" culture), Liberals, Muslims, Hebrews, Catholics, etc. but I don't think that qualifies me as having secret "my pals" urges. I don't see why homosexuality would be any different. I don't cringe in fear towards it, nor do I dwell in it. I simply think that it is bad for the human race. If it's genetic (which it may be partially but I disagree that it is a full genetic condition) then it should be treated like sickle cell anemia or downs syndrom and efforts should be made not to spread it further into humanity.

ProjectedBlack said:
Bullshit, to be quite honest I really don't like Blacks that much (or rather, "Black" culture), Liberals, Muslims, Hebrews, Catholics, etc. but I don't think that qualifies me as having secret "my pals" urges. I don't see why homosexuality would be any different. I don't cringe in fear towards it, nor do I dwell in it. I simply think that it is bad for the human race. If it's genetic (which it may be partially but I disagree that it is a full genetic condition) then it should be treated like sickle cell anemia or downs syndrom and efforts should be made not to spread it further into humanity.
actualy i was specificaly refering to some specific people other than you and for you to think that i was refering to you makes you look like you are either totaly self absorbed or that you've sub-consiously realised that your blatant homophobia is totaly making you look like a fucking jack-ass
oh and btw
alot of people would say that treating homosexuality like sickle-cell anemia would be exactly the same as treating people of a different skin tone as having have sickle-cell anemia

well...if homosexualism is some form of defect then you cannot openly support the medical eradication of brain malfunctions and not homosexuality.

Final_Product said:
well...if homosexualism is some form of defect then you cannot openly support the medical eradication of brain malfunctions and not homosexuality.
first the people that are comepletely and unchangeably homosexual don't view themselves as having a genetic defect they always acknowlegdge the genetic component (as opposed to the ridiculous theories about trauma and demon possetion)and compare themselves to how white supremisists treat black people like fucking crap when the homophobic people object to the gay pride parades

second i never once said that i support the medical eradication of people with any medical condition (although several other people have)

btw
i was the one who said eugenics was crap, remember?

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
actualy i was specificaly refering to some specific people other than you and for you to think that i was refering to you makes you look like you are either totaly self absorbed or that you've sub-consiously realised that your blatant homophobia is totaly making you look like a fucking jack-ass

Sorry for taking your seemingly generalized statement in a generalized way. I would also not equate disliking homosexuality to homophobia either.

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
alot of people would say that treating homosexuality like sickle-cell anemia would be exactly the same as treating people of a different skin tone as having have sickle-cell anemia

A lot of people huh? A lot of people have been wrong many times in the past. Skin tone can be attributed to enviormental conditions and several other factors. What can homosexuality be attributed towards? For humans anyway, it is often neccasarry to go against ones instincts, many have done so and do so frequently and will continue to do so, homosexuality is no different, if one fails to see their lack of contribution to lifes cycle and to society then one is misguided I would think. I don't neccasarily think that homosexuals should be eradicted, I don't even think that they should be thrown to the wolves, however, I do not think they should be such an object of praise and support.

ProjectedBlack said:
Sorry for taking your seemingly generalized statement in a generalized way. I would also not equate disliking homosexuality to homophobia either.

A lot of people huh? A lot of people have been wrong many times in the past. Skin tone can be attributed to enviormental conditions and several other factors. What can homosexuality be attributed towards? For humans anyway, it is often neccasarry to go against ones instincts, many have done so and do so frequently and will continue to do so, homosexuality is no different, if one fails to see their lack of contribution to lifes cycle and to society then one is misguided I would think. I don't neccasarily think that homosexuals should be eradicted, I don't even think that they should be thrown to the wolves, however, I do not think they should be such an object of praise and support.
majority rule = minority getting trampled
there's been several studies showing that gay people actualy make better parents than straight people
but worshiping them as superior to straight people would be just as stupid as having gay people eradicated

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
majority rule = minority getting trampled
there's been several studies showing that gay people actualy make better parents than straight people

We need to see the studies, friend. I can show you reliable statistics to show your claim that gays do not spread STDs more than straights to be false. In fact, they certainly do. See: http://theroadtoemmaus.org/RdLb/22SxSo/PnSx/HSx/HsxDdly.htm

Obviously, the website has an agenda, but the sources their data is culled from do not. Just click on the links to, for example, Oxford University's International Journal of Epidemiology or Gays Health and see for yourself.

Demiurge said:
We need to see the studies, friend. I can show you reliable statistics to show your claim that gays do not spread STDs more than straights to be false. In fact, they certainly do. See: http://theroadtoemmaus.org/RdLb/22SxSo/PnSx/HSx/Hs:rofl:dly.htm

Obviously, the website has an agenda, but the sources their data is culled from do not. Just click on the links to, for example, Oxford University's International Journal of Epidemiology or Gays Health and see for yourself.
okay

lol - your a mean SOB project black - i love it. the word homophobia is such a fucked up buzz word that people use to sound smart. I dont hate gay people, but i dont think they should be allowed to get married - i just dont agree with it. That doesnt mean i will kill gays, or hold anything against gay people on the basis that they are gay, i just tjink being gay is wrong. Does this make me afraid of gays? does this make me homophobic?

Danallica said:
lol - your a mean SOB project black - i love it. the word homophobia is such a fucked up buzz word that people use to sound smart. I dont hate gay people, but i dont think they should be allowed to get married - i just dont agree with it. That doesnt mean i will kill gays, or hold anything against gay people on the basis that they are gay, i just tjink being gay is wrong. Does this make me afraid of gays? does this make me homophobic?
obviously you are not from usa here we have straight people that actualy drive into the gay part of town just to run over random gay pedestrians

Status
Not open for further replies.