How Bad Is Your Diet?

dorian gray

Returning videotapes
Apr 8, 2004
just wondering. mine is fucking terrible. and you cant tell by looking at me. i somehow still maintain a fairly fit appearance - a holdover from when i used to work out like a fiend and play every sport imaginable.
i woke up at 9:30 this morning and had a bowl of cream of wheat, part of a candy bar, and i got the coffee brewing right now. thats like 250 calories of pure crap. i used to eat 1000 cals of healthy food per meal. my only hope if that the wife makes me something healthy for dinner every day.
what i wanna know is: do any of you actually put thought into what you eat?

I normally put thought into my food, but I don't have that luxury at school, i eat what i'm given. Which is usually pre-frozen, pre-battered shite because my aunt doesn't like cooking. It's very unhealthy stuff, not to mention it tastes like shite.

At home, my parents and I eat very healthy, and it's just what I'm used to. I've always been a healthy eater.

yet one more way college is killing me.

I eat very little in a normal day. No breakfast usually, just some tea before work. Lunch is something small when I do eat it, usually just a sandwhich. After work I try to eat something a little more filling, like meat, pasta, whatever I feel like making/is in the fridge. I think I subconciously watch what I eat now, I dont consider myself a health freak, but I dont drink soda's or eat any type of candy any longer either. To be honest I guess I've grown tired of the taste of stale processed food from fast food places and most american restaurants in general.

college food will kill you.

@EVAS: i dont know how you cant eat breakfast. isnt your stomach trying to eat itself after a couple hours?

I eat 3-4 meals a day. breakfast, lunch dinner and sometimes brunch. plus an afternoon snack and a 2 hours before bed snack.

and yes, College as a whole is killing me: stress, lack of sleep, horrible food... If I lived on my own I'd actually be eating healthier, because thats just how I cook.

I'm alright now, except for the beer consumption. :)

I used to be a HARDCORE bodybuilder. I was going to compete on stage and all so diet was my fucking LIFE. My entire life revolved around the clock, eating every 3 hours mechanically, 8 meals/day.

@doom: i used to be a powerlifter so i can kinda relate. that bodybuilding stuff is insane though. wwwaaaaayyy too complicated for me. impressed with anyone who can do it but it's not for everyone. obviously.

dorian gray said:
@doom: i used to be a powerlifter so i can kinda relate. that bodybuilding stuff is insane though. wwwaaaaayyy too complicated for me. impressed with anyone who can do it but it's not for everyone. obviously.

Exactly. I lived, breathed, shit, drank, fucked, thought, spit, and pissed Nutrition & Weight Training. Not only is it a complete way of life involving unwavering dedication, but it is a science. That along with great genetics goes a long way.

I found a pic of me from back then. Really fucking small cuz I used to use it as my avatar.
bbislife0bw.jpg

ive been looking for a bodybuilder type to help me with my diet. my neighbor works out pretty hard but he's gay as heck and i dont want to well, you get the idea.
can you recommend any books? im in my all-time worst shape and im sick of it.

dorian gray said:
ive been looking for a bodybuilder type to help me with my diet. my neighbor works out pretty hard but he's gay as heck and i dont want to well, you get the idea.
can you recommend any books? im in my all-time worst shape and im sick of it.

Books? Not really, but I can lead you to internet resources for research.

PM me.
in my powerlifting days it was all about how much can we possibly eat! but it was still better than what i do now.

dorian gray said:
PM me.
in my powerlifting days it was all about how much can we possibly eat! but it was still better than what i do now.

I hear ya. PL isn;t about gaining weight though. Ya wanna push the most amount of weight on the big compound movements, i.e. bench, squat, deads, while maintaing a low bodyweight.

I'll PM you sometime today negro.

My diet is currently hitting an all-time low. Girlfriend is away and I just don't feel like cooking for just myself (normally I do the cooking), so I just have a bowl of corn-flakes for breakfast, skip lunch most days and get myself a takeaway of some sort for the evening meal, often rounded up with some bag of junk (popcorn, chips, mentos...) while doing the evening PC-business...

I'm dead

Doomcifer said:
I hear ya. PL isn;t about gaining weight though.
yeah, i remember. my big fat brother would always have me eating at smorgasbords though. he benched 550 so he could do whatever he felt like. eventually i got sick of the whole powerlifting thing though and just started lifting as much as possible. which was a terrible fucking idea.

@Ellestin: i understand. if my wife doesnt make dinner - I AM FUCKED.

btw: i noticed you euros say "takeaway" instead of "take out". interesting.