How can this guy be serious?

Who cares?

+1

Why does it matter if he doesn't like Opeth?

Besides, what do expect from someone who thinks bands like Metallica, Pantera, Judas Priest, and Avenged Sevenfold are the be all and end all of metal? Hell, he even has the nerve to use the phrase "true metal," as if there's some authority on what qualifies as true metal.

You can have an opinion like "I don't like oranges." But "oranges are green" is just untrue.

This guy goes into the green orange ballpark.

The question isn't, "How can this guy be serious?"
He is serious because he is a faggot.
I hate people who don't know metal except for the mainstream metal bands and say everything else is shit.

Does anyone else think "A7X" is one of the most irritating acronyms ever? It sounds some stupid phrase someone would use when instant messaging someone.

A7X sounds like my test grades. :D

I don't mean to sound arrogant but I'm totally joining the national honor society Phi Theta Kappa tomorrow. :D

As a douchebag myself in that past, I've got to say this guy is pretty good. He's definitely above-average. Then again, he may be 13 years old, in which case it is involuntary.

The problem with the statement is that it just isn't true. Mikael Åkerfeldt is technically, and more so melodically, a better vocalist than any of the vocalists in the bands compared. The musicians in Opeth are better than most band members in the bands too, although Dave Mustaine and the Pantera-drummer.