How did u get into Testament?

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Ironically, The Gathering introduced me into Testament in 1999. But what really got me into them is First Strike Still Deadly in 2001. When I heard it first, I immediately got hooked and actually decided to check their other albums. FSSD also was the turning point for me where I got out of the nu-metal and got into more real metal.

I got into them when a friend let me borrow New Order...waaay back when. He also let me borrow Metal Church, The Dark and Master of Puppets, and Savatage, Hall of the Mountain King (that was the beginning of my thrash history!) Testament was always my fave..especially after I saw them Live..Chuck is the best frontman in the industry! He's larger than life!

in '92. I had heard of them but just never made the effort to go buy anything. I took a chance on THE RITUAL that year, and damn glad I did. One of their weakest offerings no doubt, but still a solid disc...my fave track continues to be "As the Seasons Grey", that tune kills!
Anyway, I went back to the start with THE LEGACY and it blew me out of my dorm room at college, so I started to complete the collection. To date, all I'm missing musically is the "Live at Eindhoven", I have all the rest. Wait, I take that back, I decided not to spend my money on that Rhino records greatest hits cd. Any of you people get that one? Kind of pointless with no extras...I even ponied up 32 bones for the import Japanese Best Of CD back in, what was it, '96?
TestAment remain my all-time favorite band, barnone, to this day, in spite of how much I LOVE dimension zero/haunted/overkill/soilwork/archenemy/bls/death/corp187/etcetcetcblahblahblah...DNR

Its was when the New Order came out, a friend of mine let me hear the Preacher (that solo still burns in my head) and soon after that i seen them live at the Omni and heard Trial By Fire. I was hooked after that and had to buy The Legacy. Holy shit that ripped my head off! I remember cleaning my room to Over The Wall, my grandmother would come in my room and say Turn That Down! You Call That Music It Sounds Like A bUNCH oF Racket! From that point on full blown metal. Whats trippy about this is I became really close friends with the guys, hanging , and touring with them its been killer. There is so many stories I could tell between then and now, ive grown up alot and now have a family of my own but Testament will always be my fav metal group, I love those guys and they know I will always be DFL(Down For Life) Axslinger2ya

About two years ago my friend Tim told me how fucking great Testament was. So I burned his " Signs of Chaos: The Best of Testament". While I listened to a few tracks nad liked some of it ( PWYP, Perlious Nation, The Legacy, Electric Crown) I never really gave it that much of a chance. I wasn't that interested in it. But then, my friend had the Souls of Black album , and I heard some songs off it and loved it. i started listening to Signs of Chaos way more, until I finally got Souls of Black and of course liked it. Then I got the Legacy and New Order at the same time and fucking LOVED them. Since then I've gotten all of their studio albums except for Demonic ( Which I plan on getting soon) and have seen Testament live. I LOVE Testament. They are quite possibly my favorite band.

When I was in high school my buddy listened to "Return To Serenity" non-stop after some girl dumped him. One day I asked him who sings this song. When he told me the name of the band I went out and bought "The Ritual". I was impressed so I began working my way backwards until I had everything Testament released. By the time "Low" was released...in '94 I think...I had Testament posters, hoodies and other paraphanilia coming out my ass! There just is no other thrash band out there right now that even competes w/Testament - and there hasn't been for more than 10 years IMO.

A friend of mine bought The Legacy when it first came out and turned me on to it. I went right out and bought my copy the next day! I remember thinking it was one of the best records I had ever heard. Couldnt get enough of it! Still cant! I can still remember sitting in his room when he first played it for me that day, as soon as Over the Wall came on I almost shit myself! Chucks vocals are what really did it for me! The music was killer but his vocals on that album are SICK!!!

By seeing Legacy play the club circut, back in the early days of The Bay Area Thrash Scene!.........Zetro was a great frontman, & the music was so advanced for the time period!........Alex was just a baby.......like a young Eddie Van Halen..........those were the days!

I guess it must have been back in 1990 when I really got into metal at all. I can`t remeber if the 1st LP from TestAmenT I heard was NO or PWYP but defenetly soulflypl played me this and I was stucked:) Soon after there was this super-heavy fall with SOB, Slayer`s SITA, Megadeth`s RIP, Anthrax`s POT, my fav ST`s LCR...
I couldn`t feel better while I found out that heavy music is the best for me:)

PS. Walter - greetz from Polnad!

I was 14 years old when I went to this little record store in 1989. I saw this beautiful cover artwork of "Pratcice What You Preach" and thought I have to buy this one no matter if the music maybe sucks or not hehe.
Then I went home with that album and it blew me away. The next weeks I was spending my little money for The New Order and The Legacy. A new Testament fan was "born" :D

Heard the Legacy demo back then and I really was hooked once I got the first album. So their first show on European ground, in 1987 in the Dynamo Club (2 days before the festival), is still one of my favorite gigs of all time!! :headbang: