How did you come across Dark Tranquillity?

Morei

Know who U are
Feb 25, 2004
London, England
mysite.freeserve.com
just a simple question really :) how did people actually realise that Dark Tranquillity were alive & kicking??? I mean for me, it was because i was randomly searching bands on a program called kazza & i found Monochromatic staines, & because i luved it soooooooooo much, i went out & bought Damaged done & then a few of their other albums a couple weeks later :D

1992, a tape with their first demo on, a school trip to milan. old story, it must be recorded somewhere on this board already.

as a side note, randomly downloaded stuff accounts for more than half of my discoveries of good bands.

JackhammerRape said:
I picked up the 'Beauty in Darkness' compilation Volume 4 a few years back as a random purchase to find some new bands to listen to, and ThereIn by DT was one of the tracks, needless to say after that i went out and grabbed Haven straight away
... found out too late that therein was not on that record and destroyed it in a fit of rage. :p

lol. a good judgement of my character, :p but alas, no, perhaps i should have been more specific.

Basically, Haven was the only one the record shop had, so i got that, i wasn't particularly worried which i got as long as i got one, and as fate would have it, out of all that i own, i go back to Haven the most.

hmm...I went over to my cousin's one day and he was listening to Haven which he got borrowed from a friend and told me he is really tripping off this band...so I sat back and listened to it and really liked it...it was the first time I heard music that sounded like that...especially with the well executed electronics that I loved...then I borrowed it a few days later and took a run with it...when run with music I tend to be more observant and grasp the music better. Anyhow I really really was blown away by it and then I went out to buy "projector" which till this day still smashes my head :)

Someone, can't remember who, kept telling me they were good, and then I read one (or two?) positive reviews of Damage Done, so I thought it'd be a good idea to buy it. It was :D

I came here for the Opeth forum originally :p Then I discovered there were more forums on UM, and lo and behold, a Dark Tranquillity one :D I guess I lurked for about 6 months before I started posting though ;)

Ben telling me he posted here however many years ago it was that we first met on that fateful day, thus began my lurking career, unfortunately, i couldn't restrain myself on the Zebedee/Bill Bailey gag's thread, and that was history. Now you poor bastards have to put up with two english fools instead of just the one ;)

Dark Tranquillity: I found Therein on the Century Media Website in 1999, and was instantly hooked, and like Jack, picked up Haven after hearing Indifferent Suns and Wonders at Your Feet.

The forum: From Dark Tranquillity's site, December 2001. Didn't get around to signing up and posting until 2002 though unfortunately, coz now I can't call myself one of the super-duper uber-leet, crazy tr00 metal old ones of 2001. I'm just cool now because of my natural awesomeness :p