How did you discover Firewind?

I went to the record store and Between Heaven and Hell had just arrived. I looked at that boring artwork (the one with the boy) and thought what the hell was that. Then I asked to listen to the album and suddenly... Stephen Fredrick blew my mind away. In a time full of ultra high falsettos, I found a guy that sang like a man with somehow Graham Bonnet power. But here in Brazil the fans got a raw deal. The debut album was released with that ugly cover. Burning Earth was released with sound problems and the company never fixed the issue.

I found Dream Evil's songs on one compilation and when i checked the guitarist who made those awesome solos i saw his other band and i looked them up

I went to the record store and Between Heaven and Hell had just arrived. I looked at that boring artwork (the one with the boy) and thought what the hell was that. Then I asked to listen to the album and suddenly... Stephen Fredrick blew my mind away. In a time full of ultra high falsettos, I found a guy that sang like a man with somehow Graham Bonnet power. But here in Brazil the fans got a raw deal. The debut album was released with that ugly cover. Burning Earth was released with sound problems and the company never fixed the issue.

If anyone wants a copy of Between Heaven and Hell cheap then go here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320500424573&ssPageName=SlTRK:MESELX:IT
I myself got into Firewind just after 'Allegiance' was released. Gus G's guitar work is immense :headbang:

:headbang: The first song i heard from Firewind was The fire and the fury in a game named Frets on Fire (free version of Guitar Hero). At first i loved it, but i really got hooked when the first notes of Firewind Raging began to sound. Then i managed to get Between Heaven and Hell. And Yeah! this is my favorite band!! I loved their powerfull sounds from the very first time i heard them. :worship:

Larga vida al Rock y a Firewind!!:headbang:(y al FoF XD)

...when they supported Dragonforce in Manchester, UK in December 2006.

...ahem, DragonForce gig in Glasgow in December 2006

...Another one who first saw them on the DragonForce tour.

...I too discovered Firewind through Dragonforce, when Firewind supported them back in 2006

I discovered Firewind when I saw that they were opening for DragonForce in dec 2006

...Like most of you I discovered them in 2006 when they supported Dragonforce

hmmm, looks like the 06 tour with Dragonforce was really good for Firewind!

I was introduced to them in either 2005 or 2006 on the Metal-Rules forum. I was looking through a thread where people posted songs by various bands for downloading and I came across three Firewind songs: Forgotten Memory, Feast of the Savages and Beware the Beast. I was already a Dream Evil fan at this point and knew that this was Gus G's other band, so I downloaded them, had a listen, and was hooked from there.

I discovered firewind last year when i heard zakk wylde was gonna leave ozzy and that a guy named Gus G wan going to replace him.... i was amazed..... and i started to like firewind from there

Feeling gutted today :( ........the venue that I saw my first FIREWIND gig at has gone into administration..........JB's Dudley...........apparantly they are trying to work thinks out and are hoping to find the funds to buy back the club from the administrators..........sad times. I love this venue.......it's a bit shabby on the edges but a great place to see bands and it's been around for ages, it is England's longest running music venue.....they are still continuing to trade and are honoring all the gigs booked so far. Good job as I am seeing Wasp there in November!!!!!!

18 August 2007 will remain with me forever.........great memories........seen lot's of awesome bands at JB's but this date is very special :)

I found them on the Rock Band Network. I now have 3 full albums and they are all amazing. I hope they continue to put more of their music on Rock Band! I will also be going to see them when they come to NYC. I am going to see Iced Earth tomorrow!

Hey, good for you! So Rock Band IS helping to spread the Firewind!!! Welcome aboard!!

cool that a Zakk fan found his way here to the Firekeepers Forum. Welcome!:headbang:

I am going to see Iced Earth tomorrow!
We're gonna make a trip back..... we're making a trip back to a record called night of the stormrider...... this one is called Pure.... Pure... this one is Pure Evil.

haha! I love Iced Earth. did you see the official FB Page of them?

Uhm I think those rare tracks are ment to be rare, so that collectors buy the cd for that rare track.
I can't stop the internet from being what it is, the tracks will find their way to everyone's computer somehow anyway.
and are they sucked from Youtube? like Overkill Masterpiece Schredding in the Night? that's the video with bob and gus jamming right?

The way I discovered Firewind was.....
I had just discovered an internet radio station called Hard Radio(I think that was the name. It looked like an amp). They played "I Am The Anger", and I looked like this:headbang::headbang::headbang:
I've been hooked ever since.
Got to see them last night in Raleigh, NC. They kicked ass. They came out to socialize after the show, and signed my CD. Got my picture taken with Gus. They were really down to earth guys, and I dig them even more.
My necks still sore from headbanging!! LOL