How Did You First Hear About Anathema?

a couple of mates had a band called 'last orders please', and i have 2 brothers who went to the same school as them. they were into metal and so was i. i played the guitar and so did me brothers so we worked out that we should do our own music. the drummer used to hit the couch with his sticks and the singer had never sang ever before properly. pretty soon we were into paradise lost, and the next thing you know my dying bride were ripping us off...hehe

my mate said to me on icq, i know a band you'd like, anathema, hmmm and i went round one day and he played fragile dreams and i thought that's pretty crackin that, so I went out and bought it and said to him that it was quality depressive type music and then i download judgement and thought phwoar ! bought it off the net couldn't get it in HMV. Thought bloomin heck like, how cum this aint bean on Top of the Pops and Jools Holland then I bought all the other albums and I just kept creaming in my pants ever since about this band

Originally posted by pagan2002
a couple of mates had a band called 'last orders please', and i have 2 brothers who went to the same school as them. they were into metal and so was i. i played the guitar and so did me brothers so we worked out that we should do our own music. the drummer used to hit the couch with his sticks and the singer had never sang ever before properly. pretty soon we were into paradise lost, and the next thing you know my dying bride were ripping us off...hehe

this reminded me of two quotes! maybe they are not that related to it but i dunno..just remembered them!
Quotes:D
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things, and when they start having little ideas of big dreams. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.
Author: Norman Vincent Peale

Some folks go through life pleased that the glass is half full. Others spend a lifetime lamenting that it's half-empty. The truth is: There is a glass with a certain volume of liquid in it. From there, it's up to you!
Author: Dr. James S. Vuocolo

Saw them mentioned a few times (on the Cradle of Filth board :p) so when I saw some CDs in HMV I thought "Hmm..." as I had to choose between Eternity and Serenades. Having never heard the music before I went with Eternity because it had the better cover :)lol) and I fell in love with it. Then went out and bought Alternative 4 and loved them even more. Then bought the rest (except Pentecost III + The Crestfallen, which I just haven't got around to buying) and saw them live early 2002 in Norwich. My love affair with Anathema is strengthened everytime I listen to an album :D.