How did you get into November's doom

Illnath

Feb 10, 2004
Denmark
Properly already been posted a million times before, but how did you guys learn about November's doom? :headbang:

For me I was reading about a band called Morgion :worship: , so I decided to check out their record label. As I scrolled down I saw the cover art for November's doom. I thought it was some of the coolest cover art that I have ever seen. So I decided to check out their web page. I've been a fan of them ever since. Must have been 6 months ago or something.

And I just found a music store that sells their albums, so I’m going to order them in a month or two. :D :D

A mutual friend of mine and Larry's was talking about the band in our chat (the same chat where I got to know Adam), and how much she loved "The Knowing". I placed an order with a store after winning an ebay auction for a promo of Emperor's "Prometheus..." , and picked up that, plus OT's "Rain Without End" off of the guy, back in the fall of '01. The rest is history.

Actually if I remember right... I was majoring in English and the idea of a band taking such liberties with possessives struck me as intensely METAL.

As I recall, I downloaded the album "of sculptured ivy..." back when audiogalaxy was alive (about 4 years ago I think) and really loved it so I bought all their cds. I suggest you also check out "Subterranean Masquerade" which has the same vocalist. They don't sound like Novembers Doom but are a very good band nonetheless.

I found this band by accident, through an enemy, so about a year. And within the course of roughly 6 months I owned all of their records, and listen to anyone of them on any given day. I'm very much addicted to Novembers Doom, this is the BEST band that America has to offer in Heavy Metal!

Someone very special sent me their two cds and ever since I was hooked...
I was a bit lazy lately with ordering cds online, but I am planning to complete my ND cd collection really soon!
Sometimes you just find great bands, what a wonderful feeling is THAT!

;) :)

I can't remember the very first time I heard the band, though I was aware of their existence even back in the Laceration days. Most likely I heard ND first through my vocalist in Dead Serenade, who ended up also playing with ND as well. I can remember when we were all driving to play a gig in Cincinatti back in early '95, someone forgot to bring music for us to listen to on the drive, so we only had two cds with us...Cannibal Corpse and "Amid Its Hallowed Mirth" by ND, which had just been released. Since noone was too fond of CC, the ND c.d. was played over and over again....I was trying to sleep in the back of the van and that disc was driving me nuts LOL To this day I still think of that when I hear that c.d. Little did I know that four years later I'd be playing some of that stuff!

well, back when mp3.com was useful (this was one year or so ago), i was searching for artists similar to Opeth. Novembers Doom popped up, and while i disagree mostly about the similarities with opeth, i got hooked! i have all the albums now.

I don't quite remember just HOW I got into them, but I'm gonna go ahead and give Larry's g/f the honors....because I'm pretty sure between her, and a few of her friends in the chat where we hang...that's how it happened. This was back when The Knowing was out (maybe it had just come out..who knows), but everyone kept talking about them, so I had to hunt it down....I own all their proper releases now (not including tributes, comps..etc....and of course, not including For Every Leaf...but I'll soon change that!). This band can't do any wrong. Thanks Jess, I owe ya one :)