How did you get into November's doom

While at war with the Doom Ninja Clan in a mountainous region of Japan, I learned that they were fashioning their shuriken out of CDs. I infiltrated their blacksmiths shop and stole the CDs before they could be smelted into something else. A listen and some quick research revealed Novembers Doom was the band responsible for much anguish and tragedy over the course of this war. So I liked 'em from then on.

It is a little known fact that the members of Novembers Doom are also in fact trained in the ways of the Five Deadly Venoms...Paul also secretly has mastered the art of Eagle's Claw, and can even fashion himself some nifty throwing stars out of old Doom cds.

Yesterday when I was reading the Opeth-forum i saw someone mentioning them.
Downloaded the sample from the upcoming album and loved it.
Been listening to "To Welcome The Fade" all day and i really like it. I cant believe that i have missed out on this great band all these years.

Qth said:
Yesterday when I was reading the Opeth-forum i saw someone mentioning them.
Downloaded the sample from the upcoming album and loved it.
Been listening to "To Welcome The Fade" all day and i really like it. I cant believe that i have missed out on this great band all these years.

Better late then never! Thanks for checking us out!

Psychonaut said:
While at war with the Doom Ninja Clan in a mountainous region of Japan, I learned that they were fashioning their shuriken out of CDs. I infiltrated their blacksmiths shop and stole the CDs before they could be smelted into something else. A listen and some quick research revealed Novembers Doom was the band responsible for much anguish and tragedy over the course of this war. So I liked 'em from then on.
Did you flip a lot and stab? How about flip on top of a building and play guitar after cutting off other ninjas' heads?

If any of you get the anecdote, you really are cool...

A while ago, I heard 'With Unopened Eye' and that sealed it for me back in the day (2000 or so, can't remember exactly), though I got into Moonspell and Sentenced since then and ND started fading lower in my playlists. My buddy John Beeson w/Kaos Krew Promotions out of London brought them up in a conversation some months back, and that basically was all it took to spark all my interest again.

I saw the band "live in concert", I'm gonna have to go over my old records but I think it was in the late spring of 1997? Either that or it was Halloween (same year). Which makes me "not a newbie but not old-school whatsoever". LOL. It was a good show, good atmosphere, one of the last shows where the moshing wasn't more life-threatening then the smoke and headbanging. :) & I am not sure about this, but I think it was at Smiler Coogan's. Picked up a CD or 2 somewhere along the line, good band, good band. I have not heard the new one, flame away!

OwnedByCats said:
I saw the band "live in concert", I'm gonna have to go over my old records but I think it was in the late spring of 1997? Either that or it was Halloween (same year). Which makes me "not a newbie but not old-school whatsoever". LOL. It was a good show, good atmosphere, one of the last shows where the moshing wasn't more life-threatening then the smoke and headbanging. :) & I am not sure about this, but I think it was at Smiler Coogan's. Picked up a CD or 2 somewhere along the line, good band, good band. I have not heard the new one, flame away!

Let me be the first to say "I'm sorry" that you saw us at that time at smilers. I can promise you, we are a totally different band now, both musically and mentally, and to see us these days is much more worth the price of admission. I also HATED Smiler Coogans, so I was never happy to be playing that dump to begin with. hahaha

When I was in Agnosia, we played at Fotch's with Dysphoria and about 7962793467923 other bands (which was Heavy Eddies trademark). The weirdest thing was that they had one wall that was floor to celieng mirrors... and when you add moshing maniacs and a strobe light to that mix, you get to see some wild shit. Drunk people running into a mirrored wall is grand.

Those fucking mirrors used to freak me out....I was so waiting for someone to smash into them someday!! But I saw some great shows there and always had fun playing games and shit while waiting for bands to come onstage. My first gig at Fotch's was in Shades of Grey, we opened for Macabre. I broke a string on the second song. Typical!!

You can find a way to work around a broken string without too many people noticing. Now, if your guitar should get unplugged somehow during a song, that's a bit harder... If people are drunk and running into a mirrored wall, it's likely they won't notice that either.

Reminds me of when I saw Immortal play at the House of Blues here in Chicago for the first time several years back. They hadn't brought along guitar cables that were quite long enough for a stage that size, and the cable came out of the guitar at least twice during crucial moments in the show. It was funny from a spectator's standpoint but man I really felt bad for them!
As for string breaking, both the incident I mentioned and Vito's incident were both handled well, all things considered and we carried on. I think both of us will always carry spare guitars with us to gigs from now on! I have for years now, but now Vito has learned this lesson as well hehe