How do you decide which albums to keep?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Seriously, if you make a list of albums that you love, and you find that these make up only a small percentage of your entire collection, then why keep the rest (unless they are very rare collectors items)?

Give me logic.

:Spin:

Average albums have their time and place, and aren't worth getting rid of even if just once every two years you're in the mood for it.

to me its not completely rational. there are CDs I have a sentimental attachment to that I keep even though I almost never listen to them; then, there are CDs I've bought which just sucked so completely that I pull the liners and the cd and I have a shoebox full of that crap and I can reuse the cases. those CDs are obviously not in my regular shelving.

lizard said:
I'm going to carve them into shurikens and go on a bloody rampage of death.
You can join BWD when he throws those crappy 80s King Crimson albums at small children and the elderly.

You can join BWD when he throws those crappy 80s King Crimson albums at small children and the elderly.

throw them at me instead

I have a fair number of cds that really should be filtered out for swapping but for some reason I can't part with some of them

maybe I think they'll be great someday
I do find it hard to swap stuff that's been given to me by a band
I think thats rude, I usually just give that to someone who'll like it more

I sold a handful of CDs 9 years ago and bought them all back since because I missed them. I'm selling CDs for the first time since then, but made sure to only sell CDs that I know I can't stand, because I was unable to listen to them even once the whole way through. Hence why I'm keeping stuff like Himinbjorg, Harakiri, and new Sepultura because even though I don't like it all that much, I don't hate it and may want to pick it up later in life.

I keep everything as well. I keep on meaning to trade off some of my shit albums for better ones, but yeah, too much effort. Who knows.... someday maybe I will feel the need to listen to In Flames - Reroute to Remain again..... only to turn it off in disgust 30 seconds minutes later :loco:

You never know when you might want to dig something out or be in the mood for it. Some albums take ages to grow on you eventually. So I keep everything.

Dunno when I'll be in the mood to listen to Slipknot's second album or Kittie's debut again though :erk: