How do you explain this Asgeir?

Netin

=)
Dec 24, 2004
asgeiroldtest2xs.png

hehe :loco: :loco: :tickled:

It has to be because of the position of the red peice. Since the red piece is larger it will cover that missing space, had it been in the original place.

muhaha

good one, where did you get this from asgeir?

well this is all about perfect optimization and the maximum utilisation of space!

cheers, I needed a beer after this...

red triangle slope=3/8=.375
blue triangle slope=2/5=.4
the slight difference is definitely visible and accounts for the empty space. What someone else said about the hypotenuse of the triangle formed by all 4 pieces not being straight is true.
Notice how the top triangle's hypotenuse intersects at (8,3)(if you call the farthest left point (0,0)), while the bottom one intersects at about (8,3.2).

yeah you're right, I checked it again!
The triangles are differently arraged so they cross the intersections and fit
to the same coloured in the other triangle.

The upper one is smaller than the 'real triangle' and the lower one is bigger, the difference makes the hole.
really tricky ;-)

He Who Dwellest in the Night said:
red triangle slope=3/8=.375
blue triangle slope=2/5=.4
the slight difference is definitely visible and accounts for the empty space. What someone else said about the hypotenuse of the triangle formed by all 4 pieces not being straight is true.
Notice how the top triangle's hypotenuse intersects at (8,3)(if you call the farthest left point (0,0)), while the bottom one intersects at about (8,3.2).

yes..but you can see that the red one is bigger than the bluish one and the red one takes up more squares-ie area without the actual math, but the math just proves it :loco:

*still needs to take pre-calc* meh i hate college GE requirements....but after that im done with math!