How do you think the world will end?

Developing fusion power would be huge in terms of fighting global warming, but overpopulation is the biggest issue that isn't getting enough attention.

or the us.

I didn't say it was JUST going to involve those areas of the world, but it would sure include one of them

Developing fusion power would be huge in terms of fighting global warming, but overpopulation is the biggest issue that isn't getting enough attention.

Yeah. Fusion power is feasible, but you need a ridiculous amount of energy for the reactions to take place. My friend is convinced we already have the means of creating 'cold fusion' but whatever.

i think north and south will spontaniously switch places and through humanity into a frenzy. And then we will all die in the process. And it wont be fun.

Pole shift theory is a possibility. It's happened more than once in Earth's history (and I don't mean the Earth's magnetism switching poles, I mean the Earth actually moving)

The fundamental problem is overpopulation, which we are making worse by curing diseases. Diseases are nature's way of population control.

Or we could put in place a system of eugenics. Winston Churchill knew what was up.

or maybe tax write offs for vasectomies!

ooo yeah

I don't care, as long as it happens after the series finale of Lost.

Pfft. Dexter season 3. Get your priorities straight.

Imo, god will sneeze and fart at the same time, causing the universe to implode back into the nothingness that which we came from.

I'm right btw.

You are. Because you are King. :loco:

Seriously though...

... I think Abbath's gut will become so big that it will heave and plop over those leather pants, killing everyone Dethklok style. And thus, we will all die, victims of the Lard of Blashyrk.

Umm it will be all fire and skeletons on motorbikes and things and you see king diamond saying "It's Over" like in 'The Candle' before you go to hell or heaven. :p

lol @ KR.

The "world" will never "end" persé.

In all honesty, I am inclined to agree with this. What exactly are we talking about here? "How will the world end," specifically what? That all life forms will be no more, or literally the existence of our world will cease to be?

I don't think it is possible for our world, or more importantly the universe to end. Just like the big bang theory, being and time itself was created from something. It's a phyiscal impossibility for something to come from nothing, and it is also as impossible for something to turn into nothing. There will always be something in it's place. Therefore, the universe as we know it may not exist, however it's remnants will still remain. Thus, the universe will never end.

Pfft. Dexter season 3. Get your priorities straight.

You are. Because you are King. :loco:

Seriously though...

... I think Abbath's gut will become so big that it will heave and plop over those leather pants, killing everyone Dethklok style. And thus, we will all die, victims of the Lard of Blashyrk.

Yes, yes I am. However, your alternative premise is indeed strong.

As far as I'm concerned, my existence and everything I'm experiencing is 'the world'

Even if civilization lasted another few billion years, the Earth will still be engulfed by the Sun when it expands into a red giant. The end of the physical Earth is inevitable, but I'm mainly speaking about humanity as 'the world'

Mankind will probably be around for a long, long fucking time, and the major players of today will probably be irrelevant by the time we as a species go extinct, if, in fact, we ever do, which is a possibility that must be entertained. We are a highly unique species in so many different ways that to automatically assume that we cannot overcome obstacles that all other species are likely to fall victim to at some point is a bit presumptuous. We've effectively negated the usefulness of evolution and survival of the fittest; essentially, the fate of the human race is in our own hands.