How expensive is living (and buying cds) in your country?

tmtk said:
in poland that kind of research has already been done by some magazine so it's a bit easier to calculate it.

(the data is from around december02/january03, like prices and exchange rates)
average salary: 506 euros (2000 pln)
average cd price: 14 euros (55 pln)

so the buying power is like 37 cds for a monthly wage. there are also other countries shown for comparison:

czech: 31 cds
hungary: 22 cds
slovakia: 17 cds
slovenia: 60 cds
russia: 9 cds

and now we get to the point

germany: 202 cds
spain: 93 cds
usa: 126 cds

don't tell me that the germans are the richest?! Those whiny fuckers...

i think these rates dont tell about other costs. So maybe you can buy x cds if you dont eat at all.. but eating and costs of food also matter. E.g. food is cheaper in Germany than in Hungary!! Thats a fuck!

yeah but thats the 'buying power' term.

i can go with other products for poland:

pack of ciggies: 1.5 eur
local phone call (3mins): 0,09 eur
milk: 0,45 eur
bar of chocolate: 0,65 eur
rent: 75 eur

and so on and on...

if it was my basic salary alone, i'd be leeching music day and night, coz i wouldn't afford a single album. thanks to one time jobs, some other help and skipping all other luxury costs (cinema, restaurants, fancy pubs) i'm buying music a lot. and mostly imports, cos most of the music i like is poorly distributed here.

just for the basics (so crap room, taxes, food, warmth, electricity, water) youll need like 500€ a month. and then you only have the stuff you actually need. like POOR.

in my case my monthlyexpenses (standards + decent house+car+phone+more electricity+more taxes) are like around 900-1000€. (i work for it tho!)

Actually, it's a good idea to see my salary/cost ratio.

So at present I'm making 720 euros.

Rent: 112 euros
Net and phone: 70 euros
Food: 120 euros
Travel: 64 euros
Other stuff (toiletry and all): 30 euros
Extra costs (books, presents, etc.): 24 euros
Taxes and social insurance: 500 euros

Total: 920 euros

So that's why I'm fucked up :D I'm not paying taxes and insurance though, so one day I'll be caught by the government and taken to prison and everything will be fine cause I won't have any more responsibilities. :Spin:

Dhatura said:
Actually, it's a good idea to see my salary/cost ratio.

So at present I'm making 720 euros.

Rent: 112 euros
Net and phone: 70 euros
Food: 120 euros
Travel: 64 euros
Other stuff (toiletry and all): 30 euros
Extra costs (books, presents, etc.): 24 euros
Taxes and social insurance: 500 euros

Total: 920 euros

So that's why I'm fucked up :D I'm not paying taxes and insurance though, so one day I'll be caught by the government and taken to prison and everything will be fine cause I won't have any more responsibilities. :Spin:
Why do they take so much in taxes and social insurance? That's fucking stupid. Also, what the fuck is social insurance?

Well, the minum wage in Brazil is around 70 dollars a MONTH. So, half the population don't have any buying power at all...
There is a tiny minority who can actually buy stuff... Those people are mostly located in large cities (Sao Paulo, Rio, Brasilia, etc.).... They are around 10% of the population.. The Brazilian Population is around 160 Millions , so there is a pretty large market..I mean, 16 million people is a lot more than a lot of european countries... Brazil's Economy is among the top 10 in the WORLD, but all the money is within the few wealthy ones.
The problem is the money distribution, one of the worst in the world.

A CD in Brazil costs around R$ 30 ($1 =R$3), that is 10 dollars... But the population also get their money in R$, so proportionally it costs 30 dollars a CD... Expensive as fuck. Imports are ridiculously expensive.. A friend of mine paid 80 bucks for an opeth album...

I am living in the US these days..
Since I still live with my parents,I don't have many expenses...

car- 180
Insurance- 135
Gas-240 a month (I drive a lot!)
College- 2000 a semester + books and stuff....But I make all that money during the summer.... =)
Cel phone- 40 bucks...

That's pretty much it, so I have a decent amount of spending money... I'd say I buy around 12 CDs a month...

giorgos showed with that table that it in greece takes someone 360 days of work per year to buy the SAME goods with people in italy (301), france (218), uk (200), and germany (179). so it's still bad. even if those products may be a bit cheaper here, the wages are crap. proper doom. :(

social insurance means obligatory health insurance (11% I think) plus (9%) for pension and some others.. its paid by the worker. And additionally, the employer also payes some 30-40% social insurance after all employees. The income tax is 30-40% of income! Plus VAT is 25% so things are expensive.

Like Dhatura, I didnt pay there taxes (BLACKleg worker) either. I was able to work by legal means for 3 months in my life. That money was not even enough for food. So I'll go to prison, too. And I wont get any pension. And they wont cure me in hospitals.. Though i still apply for a state funeral. :)

i pay 0,55 euros for a beer (0,5l) in a bar etc.
buying it from shops is like 0,25

high? you mean hellike. i was there 15 months ago and nearly escaped starvation. 12 euros for a burger and fries at mcdonalds?!?!?!?!

no. just making a point of how expensive things are up there. it's a very beautiful country. trees all over. :)