How many musicians we got here??

Zax666 said:
I used to think Fender picks are descent but rescently realized how much they suck.
Try out Ernie Ball.

Considering I use picks to tune (sounds silly, I know, but I prefer the tone I end up with by doing that), and it's becoming increasingly more rare that I actually play with a pick, I just stick to the old pack of Fenders I bought 5+ years ago. :)

Thanks for the recommendation, though!

--Mike

T.G.I.S: I agree. It definitely is nice to finally sit down and play with the set you've always wanted. Before I expanded, I only had two rack toms, one floor tom, a snare and one bass drum. Thanks to a friend of mine paying up his debt, I was able to complete my current rig...with Sonor's new pedals to boot(Sonor Giant Step Twin Effect)!

Those pedals make for a really deep sound. Just the way I like it. Looks like I'm the only Sonor user here though...:D

I play geetar and the skin flute.

Guitar - Ibanez RG320DX
Pedals - Boss Distortion, Chorus, Noise Reducter and Tuner, Digitech Whammy Wah, Crybaby Wah
Amp - 120w Crate 'can't think of details'
Skin Flute - *7" white shaft

*on a non cold day:cool:

Divine Wings Of Tragedy said:
Hey a drummer, can u enlighten mine and explain about how to get nice sounds from the toms and snare,i mean how much do u tighten or loosen

Well sometimes it depends if the set is pretty good to have a good sound on the toms, cus alot of cheap kits comes with some horrible sounds on the toms, but when u are tuning the drums u should hit all around the outside of the head in a circle, n u want to have them be the same sound all the way around and then just tune it to what kind of sound u like ur toms to be, if your toms have too much echo u think, u can just put a little tape n paper or buy some things at the music store to muffle them up a little to make them sound not as much echo

yeah i can play the guitar
Own an Ibanez RG370dx, trying to get rid of it right now... too much metal for me, want to buy something more versatile, and something with wich you can play jazz...

i play guitar, and im a music student at berklee, film score student...

got to love that fusion and prog!

I'm a drummer.
I am about to get a Tama Rockstar kit, hopefully with 2 bass drums.

I use Zildjian Hi-hats, sabin crash and rides, and wuhan china...gotta get another crash too.

I play the drums too. Can't put the picture on the forum because I can't find a way how I would do that.
It's a Pearl forum and I have a lot of different cymbals which I don't like and a twin pedal, also of Pearl.
I think I'm the only one here who actually uses plastic sticks, but also wooden drumsticks.

I'm thinking of getting an electric drums. Those things are sooooooooo expensive o_O .

Electric drums sound kind of lame live though, although I do understand that youre probably frustrated with your drums.

Guitarists don't know how easy they have it...just kidding guys ;)

I play a 6-string bass guitar combinated?! with a guitar-to-midi-converter. AXON 100 is the name of the convertert. I play a schack unique bass. basic 350 swr an a goliath II (4x10).

http://www.kreativer-individualist.de/improv2.mp3

http://www.kreativer-individualist.de/improv.mp3

Some improvisation with my guitar-to-midi-converter. all bass.

improv2: the solo ist without bass-signal, the pattern tapping is doubled with a sound makes some problem (clean bass signal, but bugs in doubling)

improv: is also an improvisation... bass-solo doubled with strings and piano, some chords in the back without bass-sound.

Divine Wings Of Tragedy said:
Hey guys, who here plays an instrument?if so state ur current gear and pics if possible :D

I own an Ibanez RG570 , a J-Station and a cheap ass practice amp :p

Well, i`m a guitarist and the guitar i use is a.....ahem......Peavey EVH Wolfgang Special model(laugh if you will, i think it has a great tone and i particularly enjoy the neck). I put this together with my Marshall JCM2000 DSL401, i know 40 watt isn`t very loud, but in my opinion it`s the tone that counts. In addition to this i own some Boss and Digitech pedals, the Digitech for delay(it`s the new model X-series, it sounds excellent)plus of course, the stage tuner i use is from Boss.
You may not believe it, but this actually sound GREAt combined together, a rela heavy yet soft tone which is in my opinion vere similar to MJR`s tone.