How much do you fucking hate The Beatles?

WarHammer said:
The Beatles are the most significant recording artists of the twentieth century, period. People who don't like them, especially in the metal community, are hypocrites in their own way because all modern music other than rap and country, and even some country, were inspired by people who were inspired by the Beatles. Metal owes much to Black Sabbath as originators, and Ozzy's well-known biggest influence is the Beatles. Magical Mystery Tour man! It gets no better.

Heh. This is bullshit. For one, The Beatles only got any influential at all after Sergeant Pepper's, and that album was a DIRECT response to the massively superior Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys. So, in many ways, The Beach Boys were a far more influential and important band than the Beatles. Also, King Crimson in 1969 did more for intelligent music than the Beatles ever did.

The Beatles are the most overrated band of all time. To call their music essential is a lie, and to call it good is a joke. They went from Backstreet Boys level pop to drugged out psychedelia... great. That's real great. Why should I respect that?

I used to love the Beatles...then I found them boring and grew sick of them...now I'm quite partial to them sometimes :)

LuminousAether said:
The Beatles are the most overrated band of all time. To call their music essential is a lie, and to call it good is a joke. They went from Backstreet Boys level pop to drugged out psychedelia... great. That's real great. Why should I respect that?

Agreed.

Decollated Pariah said:
Heh. This is bullshit. For one, The Beatles only got any influential at all after Sergeant Pepper's, and that album was a DIRECT response to the massively superior Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys. So, in many ways, The Beach Boys were a far more influential and important band than the Beatles. Also, King Crimson in 1969 did more for intelligent music than the Beatles ever did.

Your supposed facts are opinions, and I'll thank you to not demean mine. Pet Sounds was indeed a terriffic album, but the impact the Beach Boys made on culture in general will never equal the awesome power of the Beatles, and neither will anything else. I don't understand how you can possibly call Peppers a direct response to anything other than the supreme originality and innovation of the Beatles themselves. I am sick to death of hearing about King Crimson. Fuck 'em, and I won't even hear an argument of them being superior to the Beatles because it's absurd. They've barely scratched the surface of large-scale impact, and they're a little too late in their careers to be catching up to the Beatles now. In their short years as a band the Beatles broke more barriers and wrote more awe-inspiring gems than any band you can possibly bring up. In 1969 Beatles were already on the way out man, and good thing for Crimson, if Beatles were still a vibrant force people on a large scale probably would've given even less of a shit about Crimson. Hard to do, by the way.

I think the beatles are decent. They have some good tunes, but others are intolerable, imo. They wrote some good pop songs. If you're a beginning guitar or music theory student, they're excellent to study since they wrote mostly simple pop songs.

also, the problem with led zeppelin is jimmy page became horribly sloppy as the years progressed. When he played live? he picked the strings but hardly any notes sounded.

sonofhendrix13 said:
Ok, I can see you not liking the Beatles, but Led Zeppelin are probably my favorite classic rock band of all time. What do you have against them?
Well, I don't like hard rock in general. And Led Zeppelin are both vastly overrated and responsible for influencing the horrid cock rock of the 80s (Zep themselves being the first cock rock band). I know that Led Zeppelin were talented musicians, but I still hate them.

WarHammer said:
People who don't like them, especially in the metal community, are hypocrites in their own way because all modern music other than rap and country, and even some country, were inspired by people who were inspired by the Beatles.

I just don't see how this works.

Yeah. We're saying we don't like the Beatles, not every band after them, or every band that was "inspired" by them (that's a fucking lie, by the way. You can't assume that every single band after the Beatles' time was a result of their music, that's ridiculous).

The Beatles are the most significant recording artists of the twentieth century, period. People who don't like them, especially in the metal community, are hypocrites in their own way because all modern music other than rap and country, and even some country, were inspired by people who were inspired by the Beatles. Metal owes much to Black Sabbath as originators, and Ozzy's well-known biggest influence is the Beatles. Magical Mystery Tour man! It gets no better

not liking the beatles, regardless of what you do like, does not make you a hypocrite. primarily because the word hypocrite does not make sense in that context..
it is possible to acknowledge the influence the beatles had on music, and the fact that they paved the way for many bands (you can argue that they paved the way for all bands if you wish, but it's irrelevant), while not liking them. i personally can't stand listening to the beatles, and have hated them since i first heard them. i am able to respect the fact that they are perhaps "the most important recording artists of the twentieth century". not liking them, and liking metal, does not make me a hypocrite in any way. it means that i hate the beatles, and like metal. that many or most bands i like may have been influenced by the beatles, or bands that were influenced by the beatles (etc...) doesn't make any difference.

I like soft stuff. Hell I love Rush's Signals albums and that is like their softest.

I just think the beatles are soft in a bad way.

Whoever doesn't appreciate The Beatles is either super close minded or an idiot.

Enjoying their music is something nobody forces you to do, but knowing their spot in the history of music is important. Remember, boys, no Beatles = no Sabbath = no metal.

Melinda's Lover said:
Remember, boys, no Beatles = no Sabbath = no metal.

Well, that's silly. Even if Sabbath hadn't existed, that doesn't mean that someone else wouldn't have figured out how to play heavy tunes with lots of distortion sooner or later.

Beatles are the greatest band ever!!! Without them we would never have the great music we have today!! They did put out a couple of heavy tunes like Helter Skelter & Revolution and I always thought Glass Onion was a pretty heavy tune. :headbang:

I like The Beatles. They were ahead of their times and they were very influential to musicians.

Melinda's Lover said:
Whoever doesn't appreciate The Beatles is either super close minded or an idiot.

Enjoying their music is something nobody forces you to do, but knowing their spot in the history of music is important. Remember, boys, no Beatles = no Sabbath = no metal.
That's like saying no blues = no metal. It's not true.