How much do you fucking hate The Beatles?

Dodheimsgard said:
The Beatles are probably the most overrated band ever.

I dont like the Beatles, but I do believe that was the dumbest post I have ever seen on these boards. Gay: yes, overated: no. Statistically they are the most successful band ever, selling more records than any other band. Which is suprising because all of their stuff is shit.

Why I hate Paul McCartney

1.He refused to go to John’s funeral, saying, “What if a deranged fan tries to shoot me?” (And the problem with that would be?)

2.He publicly claims that Yoko hit on him first, only moving on to John when he turned her down.

3.He sold off the Beatles portfolio to Michael Jackson, and now says that Jackson got the better of him in the deal, and should cough up more money… to be fair.

2.He let Linda sing.

4.He thinks he was the genius behind the Beatles: the music, the look, the artwork for Yellow Submarine, all of it.

5.He thinks that Yoko should let him re-copyright one of the Beatles’ songs as McCartney/Lennon rather than Lennon/McCartney, because he sang it originally and still performs it. And he could get more residuals off it if she would. What? He doesn’t have enough billions?

6.He swore that Linda was his only love, only to find a replicant the same age as his own daughter and is everywhere in the public eye with her.

7.It’s all about him, always. (I personally think that “I, Me, Mine” was written about him.

8.The mullet haircut.

9.The bad facelift.

10.He likes George W. Bush and wants all Americans to support him. Like we need some trillionaire Brit telling us how to be good Americans.

11.He’s not the cute one, he’s the whiny one.

Well, I could go on forever about Paul, but let’s just start with the list above.

When John was shot, Ringo was on the next plane to New York. But then, he’s always been a mensch. George (of sainted memory) was on a mountain top in Nepal, and gets a pass. But Paul? No. Paul got in front of the media and whined about how he was concerned for his own safety, and y’know, it was, like a real tragedy, and he was sorry that John hadn’t like, y’know, gotten over being pissed and all and apologized, so that there was all this unfinished business between them. Yeah. What ever. Bottom line? All about Paul.

The claim about Yoko hitting on him first? I think the woman is far too bright to have done so, but thirty-odd years after the fact, why even have the lack of class to mention it. On national television yet. Puh-leeze. Show some class. But no, it’s all about Paul. She came on to me and I turned her down, so she went down the line to the next Beatle. Paul, Paul, Paul, John was never the “next Beatle” he was the smart one, the number one Beatle, the one with the social awareness. Yoko never looked at you twice, dude. Get over yourself. You ended up with the blonde groupie who was never any better than she had to be.

Michael Jackson beat you in a business deal? See point number two. Shut up about it. Really.

Have you ever heard Linda sing? I have a friend who was a sound engineer, who says they took the mike cable and buried the end under gaffers tape and amps. They only miked her as a joke.

Rent or buy the DVD for Yellow Submarine. Watch the additional materials. Listen to the animator talk about Paul. I’m not the only one….

When George died, Ringo issued a lovely statement in memorium, with words of love and support for Olivia and Dhani. Bob Dylan? There is one less star in the universe with this man’s passing. Yoko? Love and support to Dhani and Olivia, words of praise for George’s intellect and spirit. Paul? how he was devastated by George’s passing. How George had to comfort him, Paul, on George’s death bed. And PS, I’ll be touring again in April. The man has no shame.

The mullet haircut.

The twenty hour special about the Beatles. It was all Paul on his tug boat, Paul with his sheep, Paul talking about how he did this, how he did that, how he took the Beatles here, led the musical direction there. The man makes me sick. I have another theory about this new girl friend, too. Not only is she the clone of the dead, sainted Linda, but she also has that Princess Di thing going on, too. And she’s the patroness of the landmine crusade, just like Princess Di. Personally, I think he was hoping to be the next Mr. Princess Di, after all, he was the only Beatle knighted. And why is that, anyway? Just because John used to say things like, “I would have been a fisherman if I could, but I can’t because I’m a fucking genius.”? Well, he was. And Paul isn’t.

And that’s why I hate Paul McCartney.

Side note:

The most overrated band is and always has been the Scorpions.

So says McGarnicle, deal with it.

WarHammer said:
Your supposed facts are opinions, and I'll thank you to not demean mine. Pet Sounds was indeed a terriffic album, but the impact the Beach Boys made on culture in general will never equal the awesome power of the Beatles, and neither will anything else. I don't understand how you can possibly call Peppers a direct response to anything other than the supreme originality and innovation of the Beatles themselves. I am sick to death of hearing about King Crimson. Fuck 'em, and I won't even hear an argument of them being superior to the Beatles because it's absurd. They've barely scratched the surface of large-scale impact, and they're a little too late in their careers to be catching up to the Beatles now. In their short years as a band the Beatles broke more barriers and wrote more awe-inspiring gems than any band you can possibly bring up. In 1969 Beatles were already on the way out man, and good thing for Crimson, if Beatles were still a vibrant force people on a large scale probably would've given even less of a shit about Crimson. Hard to do, by the way.

man that is just bulshit, how can you compare the beatles to king crimson?
they didnt even play the same style of music.
and say that Crimson never got or will get the recognition that the beatles have, no shit?
crimson never played pop(although some albuns in the 80's had some songs close to pop) , they are essencial and one of the most, if not the most influential in their genre, prog rock, and have always progressed, pushing the envelope, trying new things.

now the beatles have all my respect, are on of the most influential bands of all time, but you just cant compare the two bands, its just on different worlds. you just cant say they are inferior because they havent made teh impact of the beatles, of course they didnt, they arent easy listening like beatles pop albuns, they never had that push.

beatles started the whole psycadelic thing, and crimson was probably the first true prog band, both influential, just in different fields, and both deserve respect.

The Beatles are a diffrent style of music most people don't like but like any band of certian eras they influence a new generation of music. The Beatles are huge because they have gotten better with time. Without their evolution The Beatles would be nothing more then a pile of wasted junk. People who claim to consider them untalented are bascly saying they dislike the band. Calling a band untalented based on the simple fact you don't like them is kind of lame in itself. Many people quote other people who dislike The Beatles are just people who dislike their music. You be amazed how many other people respected The Beatles besides teenage girls. Pop music is more then just Bubblegum pop and Pop music been around longer then most genres of music who claim to be better. Without pop music we would not have rebel music (aka rock or metal). So really we should just acknowledge the influence and move on. An era of music only influences people if the bands influence the era.

AsleepbyDawn said:
The Beatles are a diffrent style of music most people don't like but like any band of certian eras they influence a new generation of music. The Beatles are huge because they have gotten better with time. Without their evolution The Beatles would be nothing more then a pile of wasted junk. People who claim to consider them untalented are bascly saying they dislike the band. Calling a band untalented based on the simple fact you don't like them is kind of lame in itself. Many people quote other people who dislike The Beatles are just people who dislike their music. You be amazed how many other people respected The Beatles besides teenage girls. Pop music is more then just Bubblegum pop and Pop music been around longer then most genres of music who claim to be better. Without pop music we would not have rebel music (aka rock or metal). So really we should just acknowledge the influence and move on. An era of music only influences people if the bands influence the era.

certainly is not easy to write timeless pop songs like the beatles did, and so many of them.
they have my respect.

I like the beatles a lot. I listened to them a long time ago and then stopped for a bit and listened to other things and then went back to the beatles and I noticed a ton of stuff I missed the first time and I've done it again since then. Actually I believe it's more George Martin then the beatles but who the fuck cares?

McGarnicle said:

1.He refused to go to John’s funeral, saying, “What if a deranged fan tries to shoot me?” (And the problem with that would be?)

2.He publicly claims that Yoko hit on him first, only moving on to John when he turned her down.

3.He sold off the Beatles portfolio to Michael Jackson, and now says that Jackson got the better of him in the deal, and should cough up more money… to be fair.

2.He let Linda sing.

4.He thinks he was the genius behind the Beatles: the music, the look, the artwork for Yellow Submarine, all of it.

5.He thinks that Yoko should let him re-copyright one of the Beatles’ songs as McCartney/Lennon rather than Lennon/McCartney, because he sang it originally and still performs it. And he could get more residuals off it if she would. What? He doesn’t have enough billions?

6.He swore that Linda was his only love, only to find a replicant the same age as his own daughter and is everywhere in the public eye with her.

7.It’s all about him, always. (I personally think that “I, Me, Mine” was written about him.

8.The mullet haircut.

9.The bad facelift.

10.He likes George W. Bush and wants all Americans to support him. Like we need some trillionaire Brit telling us how to be good Americans.

Well, I could go on forever about Paul, but let’s just start with the list above.

When John was shot, Ringo was on the next plane to New York. But then, he’s always been a mensch. George (of sainted memory) was on a mountain top in Nepal, and gets a pass. But Paul? No. Paul got in front of the media and whined about how he was concerned for his own safety, and y’know, it was, like a real tragedy, and he was sorry that John hadn’t like, y’know, gotten over being pissed and all and apologized, so that there was all this unfinished business between them. Yeah. What ever. Bottom line? All about Paul.

The claim about Yoko hitting on him first? I think the woman is far too bright to have done so, but thirty-odd years after the fact, why even have the lack of class to mention it. On national television yet. Puh-leeze. Show some class. But no, it’s all about Paul. She came on to me and I turned her down, so she went down the line to the next Beatle. Paul, Paul, Paul, John was never the “next Beatle” he was the smart one, the number one Beatle, the one with the social awareness. Yoko never looked at you twice, dude. Get over yourself. You ended up with the blonde groupie who was never any better than she had to be.

Michael Jackson beat you in a business deal? See point number two. Shut up about it. Really.

Have you ever heard Linda sing? I have a friend who was a sound engineer, who says they took the mike cable and buried the end under gaffers tape and amps. They only miked her as a joke.

Rent or buy the DVD for Yellow Submarine. Watch the additional materials. Listen to the animator talk about Paul. I’m not the only one….

When George died, Ringo issued a lovely statement in memorium, with words of love and support for Olivia and Dhani. Bob Dylan? There is one less star in the universe with this man’s passing. Yoko? Love and support to Dhani and Olivia, words of praise for George’s intellect and spirit. Paul? how he was devastated by George’s passing. How George had to comfort him, Paul, on George’s death bed. And PS, I’ll be touring again in April. The man has no shame.

The mullet haircut.

The twenty hour special about the Beatles. It was all Paul on his tug boat, Paul with his sheep, Paul talking about how he did this, how he did that, how he took the Beatles here, led the musical direction there. The man makes me sick. I have another theory about this new girl friend, too. Not only is she the clone of the dead, sainted Linda, but she also has that Princess Di thing going on, too. And she’s the patroness of the landmine crusade, just like Princess Di. Personally, I think he was hoping to be the next Mr. Princess Di, after all, he was the only Beatle knighted. And why is that, anyway? Just because John used to say things like, “I would have been a fisherman if I could, but I can’t because I’m a fucking genius.”? Well, he was. And Paul isn’t.

And that’s why I hate Paul McCartney.

Side note:

The most overrated band is and always has been the Scorpions.

So says McGarnicle, deal with it.
Holy.... this is too long to read... so I give the Generic responce:
I agree and disagree.

sonofhendrix13 said:
I don't see why so many people hate them just because they aren't in the least bit heavy.

Huh? I mean, are we talking about the same beatles that displayed themselves on the original yesteday and Today album cover (Which was quickly banned)wearing butcher smocks, bloody meat and dismembered baby doll parts? The same band that did songs like Helter Skelter and were amoung the first to use distortion? Furthermore, no band in the world has ever had the kind of energy the beatles had when they played live. Lyrically, musically, and conceptually, they were as heavy for the times as any of their contemporaries-perhaps even heavier.

McGarnicle said:

2.He let Linda sing.

8.The mullet haircut.

9.The bad facelift.

As if that entire post didn't say it all,how about adding to all of that the wimpy shit he used to play in the beatles. You know, the stuff John used to call "Granny Music". :ill:

I used to like them, but it was probably cause I was only trying to fit in. They just annoy me now.

I can stand a song or two by the Beatles, then they get annoying as hell. I feel like shaking my head to something the least bit heavy, and I can't do that with the Beatles. I find myself sitting there wondering when the current song will be over. Then the next one comes, and I'm sitting there wondering the same thing. Then I get pissed and put on some Morbid Angel.