How much do you pay for your Opeth CDs?

mm between $25 and $27 (argentine price).. that's between 8.30 and 9 dollars... i guess.. :S

last year I lost a bunch of my CD's, including my set of Opeth, in a move, and had to replace a lot of music. I had been holding out for awhile, but finally decided to go all digital, and found a music website at allofmp3.com to purchase and download my lost tunes.

Ghost Reveries
$1.88

Damnation
$1.22

Deliverance
$1.74

Blackwater Park
$1.89

Still Life
$1.76

My Arms, Your Hearse
$1.76

Morningrise
$2.10

Orchid
$2.02

Needless to say, pretty damn cheap eh? I'll be damned if I have to shell out for the disks all over again. This is for mp3 files encoded at 192kbs, and is apparently entirely legal. The site is hosted in Russia which probably accounts for that. The cool thing is they let you change the bit rate, if you want to download it at CD-quality you can if you want to pay for it.

Orchid - Free
Morningrise - Free
MAYH - 3.99 Used
Still Life - 5.99 Used
BWP - 1.99 Used
Deliverance - 9.99
Damnation - Free from BMG
DVD - 10.99
Ghost Reveries - 6.99
....still need to get BWP (deluxe edition)

Just because this thread has been brought back from the dead I want to ask - How much would you say in US dollars the limited tins are worth now? I found one on ebay a while back and some douchebag bid me up to like $50 US for it so I retracted my bid on it. I think he was friends with the seller and was just doing that to scheme more money out of me, but I'm not sure of their value. All I know is someone was selling them on the forums for $25 a piece.

Nobiss said:
Just because this thread has been brought back from the dead I want to ask - How much would you say in US dollars the limited tins are worth now? I found one on ebay a while back and some douchebag bid me up to like $50 US for it so I retracted my bid on it. I think he was friends with the seller and was just doing that to scheme more money out of me, but I'm not sure of their value. All I know is someone was selling them on the forums for $25 a piece.

As a collector's item who knows, as something to actually open about 1 dollar. Worst cases ever.

wankerness said:
As a collector's item who knows, as something to actually open about 1 dollar. Worst cases ever.
Really? What's so bad about them? They look kinda cool ... but then again I've only seen a front pic of the top.

In the order I bought them...

Damnation - $11
Still Life - $7
Orchid - $9
Lamentations - $12
Deliverance - I got it for Christmas, but it was bought from the same shop I bought the others at, so it should have been $10-$13
Morningrise - $12
MAYH - $17 (bought this in Downtown Chicago from some expensive shop. The local stores where I used to live never carried this album)
Blackwater Park - $13
Ghost Reveries - $15

Nobiss said:
Really? What's so bad about them? They look kinda cool ... but then again I've only seen a front pic of the top.

Well, they just are terrible cases for the cd. It's just a round tin that holds the cd and the booklet (which is, I will add, the same as the booklet on the normal cds), it's really dumb and doesn't fit on shelves right and the cd sort of bangs around on the inside. Don't pay extra for them unless you're a collector, that's for sure.

i havent paid over $35 AUS for an opeth cd. but PT's deadwing was $39.95. because i live in a rural area, i cant find most heavy metal and i have to travel 2 hours to melbourne to metal mayhem. so if you include fuel and food money and everything id be paying a shitload.

Probably in between $13-$19 US. I think BWP with the bonus disc & cd-rom cost me $18.99 ??? I bought them all the same week I first heard Deliverance. I think I paid $13.88 for GR which was purchased last summer. My music store Newbury Comics actually had all of them in stock. 5% sales tax not included

Kenneth R. said:
some fan you are :erk:
Yeah really. I do not see anything wrong with downloading a few songs from an album to see if you like it or not, as long as you buy it then theres nothing wrong. But if you just download the whole album then that isn't giving much respect to Opeth (or other bands).

The most I paid was $18 for MHYH a while back, but the rest I got from Best Buy for under $15.

judas69 said:
I have a question. What % of songs do you just download without purchasing the album, as opposed to buying?

I remember there was this arguement by the music industry that assumed people wouldn't buy cd's anymore and well, this at least doesn't appear to be the case with Opeth! :D

I personally hate buying CD's .. I however buy DVD's all the time.

I sometimes download one or two songs to "sample" music, and if I like it, I buy the CD.

Other than that, I am completely opposed to stealing music.

Internet downloads are a stupid idea, too... :lol:

Predator's Portrait said:
In Canada, I spend $30 a cd for Opeth (minus Ghost Reveries, which was reasonably priced). Does anyone else spend this much, or more? I'm not really bitching about it, but because I'm a University student, I've had to budget what I can buy and when I can buy it. Usually if I want to order Opeth online from Canada, I pay the same price; if I can find Opeth at a cheaper price anywhere else, I usually end up paying double the shipping charges.

In fact, I pay the same amount of money for all my Death Metal cds - especially those of which from Sweden. You can't put a price on such fine art, but I guess you have to be realistic about it, and in my case, being realistic about it means having to wait a while in between purchases.

Anyone else?

Right on man I'm from Windsor too. Your right import cds at hmv and music world are usually $30+, thats why I get mine off ebay. Haven't had a problem yet except MAYH came with a generic cd sticker and in russian:loco: