How old can you be and still live with your parents?

Power steering fluid is distinct, but there ain't nothin' like the stink of gear oil. Man I love me some o' that 75w90 shitz, you can smell it for a week or longer if you get too close. :zombie:

Like I said, the average American house is huge. If my parents had 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, and 4 floors, I would have probably stayed at home for a few more years. (I'd have chipped in for the rent and bills etc).

But man o man, I left home for uni to live in student dorms (oh the debachery and decadence, woe is me... :heh: ) and then went BACK to my childhood box bedroom which was NEXT to my parents bedroom.....as you can see, my choices were limited.

The only time you can get a good jerk before work is when the ENTIRE BUILDING you're in is vacant. Am I wrong? :loco:

I'm 23 and still at home. I live in a back laundry room attached to the garage. I don't feel the need to give up a big portion of my pay check to some shitty landlord for a place no bigger than where I am now. Alongside a bunch of spics and my pals and their crying offspring. Plus i wouldn't have the luxury of spending $400 carelessly on cd's, or going to gigs multiple times a month if I had to worry about paying the water bill.

Inviting a ton of people over and throwing a party is the only positive I can think of from moving out. But I'm a big fucking prude anyways. So that doesn't mean much to me. Plus a roomy would grate my nerves.

P.S Fun thread ;)

Yeah I can't believe this turned into a cool discussion, I thought I made a real loser one when I crafted this mess yesterday. :loco:
JayKeeley said:
The only time you can get a good jerk before work is when the ENTIRE BUILDING you're in is vacant. Am I wrong? :loco:
That's probably reason #1 why dudes should live alone. I think a lot of people don't appreciate that choking it is a big part of the male culture and psyche. I don't think females are the same way, ones I've spoken to about such things say there is an element of shame involved when they do it. Sucks!

Atlas Shrugged said:
I'm 23 and still at home. I live in a back laundry room attached to the garage. I don't feel the need to give up a big portion of my pay check to some shitty landlord for a place no bigger than where I am now.

Landlords are shitty, but do you give any $wongas to your folks?

Alongside a bunch of spics and my pals

Secretly I know you would love this. :loco:

Nope they don't ask me for money. The only bill I have is car insurance :loco:

Out of the 30 or so people I'd call "friends" . Only 2 of them have moved out. They both are married, and are killing themselves to bring home the bacon. I'm talking 60-70 hour work weeks, to pay for rent, multiple car payments, jewelry bills and shit like that.

somehow this pic is appropriate for this thread :loco:

1.jpg

Single story 3 bed 2 bath & 2 story 4 bed / 2 bath are pretty common, but considered small.

Well, look at floor space then. I GUARANTEE that the average American house is 3-4 times bigger than an English house.

This is the sort of house I grew up in (without the attic conversion):

m_871.jpg

Trust me, Americans have got it easy. Our backyards are approximately 20x30ft. The cars are parked on the street (garage? what's that?). Each bedroom is on average 15x12ft. Our living room is about that size too - the entire family sits on the couch and watches the tv, 3ft away from your nose.

KILL TULLY said:
where the hell is this the average american house?

By the way, I have a 5 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 4 floor house in New York state (outside of NYC) and that is considered a first time buyers house. We put down 5% and got it refinanced on a 5 year arm at 4.625% and we are dying to sell it. You know why? It's too fucking big.

The one thing we've learned is that the more space you have, the more junk you end up with.

I totally agree with that. I've got a pretty big backyard that backs up to a nice treeline and not another backyard. I've also got a nice two-car garage. It could be bigger, but it works. Just back a car out and I can work with my saw and hammer some shit.

my house is 2-story, 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath, living room, dining room, and a damn big kitchen, and a fairly big gameroom upstairs. and my house is considered small for the area I live in. if you go to Lake Woodlands, that's where you'll see the multi-million dollar homes.