How to be 80s metal! (I got bored again...)

Originally posted by Wrathchild
I agree. Where's the fun in music these days?

The only possible contender for the title of ultimate 80s cheesy metal release is WOW by the late Wendy O Williams. Produced and co-written by a certain G Simmons Esq, I'm told it sounds like the record that KISS should have made between Creatures and Lick it Up. Anyone heard it?

W

I have this on cassette(haven't listened to it in about 10 years!)... i will put it in the car and listen to it on the way to work tomorrow and then let you know what it sounds like

Anyway,the song titles are as follows
I Love Sex(and Rock'n'Roll)
It's my Life
Preistess
Thief in the Night
Opus in Cm7
Ready to Rock
Bump and Grind
Legends Never Die
Ain't None of your Business

For the trivia hounds:

-Most of this album was written or co-written by KISS members.

-It's My Life (the first and only single) was originally written for Creatures of The Night, later considered for Asylum and eventually recorded (but not used) on Psycho Circus. This later version is on the box set with Gene and Ace on vocals.

-Legends Never Die was a track recorded for Creatures, but overdubbed with Wendy's voice. By default, it features Eric Carr on the drums.

-Thief In the Night would later be re-recorded by KISS on the Crazy Nights album (1987)

W

Originally posted by Wrathchild
I own what is perhaps the ultimate example of 80s metal, the soundtrack to that godawful Wes Craven movie Schocker (another case of crap movie= good soundtrack).

I own that too and I think it's pretty cool! Then again, maybe it's who's in it that makes it cool! But I like it! So ner! HAHAHA!

The ABSOLUTE worst 80s rock movie was Rock 'Em Dead (or Shock 'Em Dead? I could never remember!) - man, if anyone has the chance to see that, do it... It's.... uh... good...! :rolleyes: :lol:

Also, in regards to Troops' 80's quiz...

1) Yes - had a friend make me wristblades like Blackie
2) and 3) Yes.
4) Liked Bon Jovi, but explained they weren't metal - a lot..
5) 6) 7) and 8) Yes.
9) My best mate wrote the lyrics to Alexander The Great for an essay in his H.S.C Ancient History exams. He still passed...
10) to 20) Yes
21) Didn't secretly like Queensryche. LOVED them (and still do). How could you not like that video for Queen Of The Reich?
22) to 28) Yes.

And pretty much yes to the rest.

Just a 32 year old still, but my 17 year old sister-in-law tells me I'm "stuck in the 80's!"

Not a bad place to be, really.....

Haha fuck you just joined up, and your only two posts so far have been in a 5yo thread! :lol: Can't help you with the vest, but welcome.