How to edit/glue/render samples faster in Reaper?

henryjarv

Oct 12, 2014
Finland
hjaudio.blogspot.com
So, my problem is, that when I have recorded something like 500 drum samples, it takes forever to glue and render everything.

I always glue all those individual samples, and then select for example all kick samples and render (selected items).

BUT: Is it possible to select many samples, and glue those separately? I mean, normally if I try that, it glues everything together, and that's not what I want.

It would be a lot faster if I could glue all samples with one click and then render. Is there a script or action or something in Reaper to do this?

Also, if you can get at least one good take down you can probably use it to make another one. For instance, say your verse consists of the same riff played twice, and the verse is repeated three times during the song. One solid take of the verse would have two takes of that riff, you could copy the second half to a new track and drag it over to become the first half, etc, etc.

If you happen to be using Reaper, I actually wrote a ReaScript that helps you automate this. It's great when you're whipping off a demo and you don't have the time or patience to get a second good take. See here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=174793

Don't know if that is what you need, but maybe you should have a look to what was posted in another thread. I hope that's what you wanted! :)

ctl+shift+f , batch file converter

cut all the drumhits (i mostly use dynamic splitt), then add each mic/drum- into the batchfile converter to auto-render+autoname the items.

Reactions: henryjarv
You can also create a set of regions - one region per hit: snare_hard_01, snare_crack_02, etc. Then, I guess that you've recorded a multi-mic'ed kit, you have an ability to render these very convenient: render regions list + selected tracks, and use wildcards to name the output files properly, e.g. $region_$track.wav
So you'll end up with something like:
Code:
snare_hard_01_SnareTop.wav
snare_hard_01_SnareBottom.wav
snare_hard_01_OHLeft.wav
snare_hard_01_OHRight.wav
snare_hard_01_RoomMono.wav

You can also create a set of regions - one region per hit: snare_hard_01, snare_crack_02, etc. Then, I guess that you've recorded a multi-mic'ed kit, you have an ability to render these very convenient: render regions list + selected tracks, and use wildcards to name the output files properly, e.g. $region_$track.wav
So you'll end up with something like:
Code:
snare_hard_01_SnareTop.wav
snare_hard_01_SnareBottom.wav
snare_hard_01_OHLeft.wav
snare_hard_01_OHRight.wav
snare_hard_01_RoomMono.wav
Amazing, that makes everything even more faster and easier, thanks!

Reactions: Nikolas Quemtri