i am now officially sick of your opinions about the new album

pagan2002 said:
sorry dudes i guess i got a bit upset. i dont have alot of confidence in me own songs and that...
Danny, I don't know if what I am going to say will matter to you much or not, but I am going to say it anyway. I hate to see people who actually do good things but got so pissed off because of big mouth of people.

Sometimes when I listen to Anathema and especially this last album included, I have for a small time the feeling that everything that I have done to this day was worthless and didn't mean anything, because nothing I did created any of the feelings you have created with your songs...

Anyway, I'm getting cheesy, the point is no matter you do, you manage to make it good. I am not a musician but I really think you should have more confidence in your songs.

I do not know if you do, but just take your CD and listen to it like you hear it for the first time. It is an AMAZING work of art. I am not just saying this, because of this thread. Check the thread of Don Carleone, "that is it" from last night.

I have been lurking on the boards for a while with no real reason to post except now. I have been an Anathema fan for years now, yet have just recently found these forums. I love all the albums. Why? Because I didn't come here to read what some guy in his room with absolutely no idea what he is talking about has to say about every new album that comes out. I listen to the music for MYSELF. No one else. Ya it's great to see some fellow Anathema fans, especially since I live in the US and I haven't met one person who knows who Anathema is. My question is (no offense) but why can't everyone just listen to the music and SHUT THE FUCK UP!

When I see Danny come on here personally to post things it makes me feel closer to the band, being all the way over here, but seeing that he is pissed at what HIS fans are saying isn't the most comforting thing. I'm not telling everyone to suck anathema's dick and say everything they do is great, but we are here for a reason, we all love Anathema. Everyone has their own opinions. If you don't like it, go listen to something else.

P.S. Sorry for the rant.

P.P.S A Natural Disaster is a natural progression of a band that continues to grow and do great music. People stuck in the past should just put in Serenades or ALt 4 and keep it on repeat FOREVER! Be a little open minded people.

Mick Moss said:
Antimatter do not copy portishead.
no you dont. what i've heard is something different, more pure perhaps.
i dont like placing resemblances or saying you copy stuff. different souls, different ideas. some stick better to what u like. i happen to like it.