I am sick of all this elitist metal bullshit

yeah, but you ever met anyone who's said that and listened to anything aside from whatevers in the charts at that moment in time?
During the guitar rock resurgance in the UK, it was franz ferdinand and the killers that you'd get listed if you asked for specific bands. Right now it'd be lady gaga and some other middle of the road shit.
me saying SunnO))) specifically is just to confuse to people who don't realise there's other genres outside of all the mainstream top 10 bullshit they get spoonfed.

Fucking +1 to that man.
I'll be listening to something like Merzbow while talking on msn, someone will be like after I ask them "I listen to a bit of everything" and then I'll start discussing Merzbow, and they go quiet:lol:

Like some have mentioned before, while I find hardcore/crabcore/whateverthe fuck you want to call it boring musically, that's not the reason why I despise those bands. Its the scene kids who worship them being little assholes to everybody and trying to get into fights and hurt people at shows. It really has hurt my local music scene, as we were being overflowed with these kind of bands and kids would get into huge brawls and fight the ghost/pick up pennies/ start the lawnmower in the pit with no cares about throwing a fist into some poor guy's face.

"Energy can't be kept on a leash or confined in nice tight little cans Marcus!"

:Smug:

Super_Heavy_Duty_Size_C_Dry_Battery.jpg

i wasnt going to spawn that line at you man, dont worry, im not quite far enough down the road of artfagcunt pretense to say that to someone yet.
but still. mulholland drive? no?
FUCK.

i wasnt going to spawn that line at you man, dont worry, im not quite far enough down the road of artfagcunt pretense to say that to someone yet.
FUCK.

Sorry man I just can't do it.

The most I got out of his stuff is an "Ohhh that's where it's from" moment for the "Who Shot Mr Burns" episode where Wiggum has that weird dream about backwards talking Lisa and burning cards.

FUCK.

I love that you used the term artfagcunt. We use that term a lot (more specifically 'art fag') when describing this really crappy lecturer that Nic had for a course, which probably deserves a thread for itself.

When I see these nu-metal, crab(?)core, junglecore, _FILL-IN-THE-BLANK_core, all I can do is listen to some Dschinghis Khan and realize it could be worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQAKRw6mToA

Secretly, though, I put this song on most of my CDs along with a few bearforce1 songs........

Hey Dshinghis Khan rawks. :Smokin: I think the arrangements, song structures and melodies are very intelligent. :p On like 3 songs.

okay there are to many good rebuttles so i am just gonna admit i was stupid and wrong,
but what i was trying to say is some of you guys are going out of your way to really make sure that these people know that these bands suck and its just stupid

and with the power metal response thing i was trying to say..
how can you call a band all moving at once and getting low and getting br00tal gay. when your listening to some guy falsettoing his balls of screaming about treasure and the dragon folk lore.

i mean i dig power metal but i just see the irony in that haha

I don't give a fuck..and I'll say it. I hate that crabcore shit, my daughter listens to it. but I'll take Possessed, Destruction, Slayer, old Metallica, Obituary, Cannibal, Suffocation over any of the newer shit put out these days. that being said. I only say this because this is the topic. but i really care less about if these bands make it or now. congrats to them if they do, but it's not that big a deal in my life to care. and I'll record it if they pay me.

it may well be elitism, but goddamn, he's fucking right :lol:
because we all know crabs are so much cooler than dragons.

seriously man. dragons fly around like FUCK YEAH IM A DRAGON
but crabs are just like LOL SNIP SNIP and theyll cut your fucking balls off and you wont even notice because crabs are some sneaky motherfuckers
plus, crabs walk sideways
dragons dont
that makes crabs instantly cooler than dragons
we all know that i have just proved that shit with some unparalleled scientific shit.

Dragons don't walk sideways because *that looks stupid*.

Dragons, too, can clip balls off, and with insane magical abilities can sneak around like motherfuckers even better.

The most fundamental problem, though, is that dragons kill and cook crabs in one goddamned step. FUCK. YES.

Jeff