I am such a poser !! : ( What band do you like that you shouldn't ?

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
I listen to metal music, so I think I should pretend to like The Goo Goo Dolls to have conversations with 18 year-old chicks or something, right ? That would make me a poser right ? I am just trying to make a funny of course.... I hope you all laughed, dam$%t !!
Seriously, though. I think Rzrznik (the lead singer of most of the Dolls' songs) is incredible. I typically don't care for pop/music and especially hate whiny ballads, but that band is the best at it. I still listen to the CD "Dizzy up the Girl" from time to time. I first heard "Iris" while flipping channels on TV and I liked it. I later heard Slide and loved it so much I bought the CD immediately.
Several years ago I would have been embarrassed to admit something like that, but "big deal" is the way I see it now. I haven't become soft in my old age, but rather I appreciate quality. Pop music normally gives you $hit for quality, but I have heard few vocalists (in the studio) that can put emotion into a song like Rzeznik.

Bryant

PS: I apologize for another short novel, but it is just my style.

my problem is i was brought up with 80s metal AND 80s pop.

i love depeche mode, duran duran or Stereo MCs as much as i love Twisted Sister, WASP or Van Halen...

Originally posted by Black Lagoon
Duran Duran! Stormy you twat!;) ;) :lol: :lol:

hey - ever seen the video to girls on film? the uncensored version :D

and from a view to a kill is definitely the best bond title track ever!

and did i mention that i got a pet shop boys album (Very) at home?

You can like whatever you want, and it doesn't make you a poser. I like old punk, and some stuff from the late 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's. But I also like metal, and listen to it because I like the way it sounds. Being a poser is listening to something because you think it makes you look cool.

Red Hot Chili Peppers, and I guess Manson is not tr00 either, but I've albums from both. Then there's some finnish bands, that you won't find from typical metalheads collection, but I won't mention them because you wouldn't know them anyway. :D

I enjoy listening to a lot of other stuff and don´t give a shit about what others think.

A person is a poser if they PRETEND to like a certain style of music just to fit in but don´t really give a shit about it. That´s what my definition of the word is.

I actually made this post in fun, though I do like the Dolls. The fact is, my tastes are quite weird within the "metal genre" much less what little stuff I listen to outside of it. When I did hear a good pop song or two from a band on radio and bought the CD, it blew chunks. : /
I never got much into Duran X2, but I always felt bad for Andy and John because they were pretty good musicians and didn't get to show it much (especially Andy in DD.) The only pop band I can remember owning a cassette from back in the mid-80s was The Outfield's Play Deep, but I am sure I had a few. >:p~

Bryant

Win the FInal War - Andy Kuntz

hmm, i like slipknot, this one journey song, dope, cold, beatles, poison, classic rock(van halen, def leppard, etc) but in my heart, im a true thrash/speeeeeeeeeeeeed man, slayer, metallica, megadeth, anthrax, sodom, kreator, obituary, all that good stuff.

Originally posted by Bryant
When I did hear a good pop song or two from a band on radio and bought the CD, it blew chunks. : /

Yeah, that is the problem with pop and mainstream rock stuff... you hear a song that sounds pretty cool, go out, purchase the album and then discover that´s the ONLY song you like. This is why I am thankful for MP3 downloading. Now I can just get the song I want and make a compilation.

Metal albums seem to have a lot more substance and good songs on the WHOLE disc rather than just one or two good songs... unless we are talking about the new MANOWAR album which I find to be shyte.

Hm...Sum 41, I kind of got sold on them when I saw them playing some Slayer riffs on MTV - Lord knows, MTV would never let SLAYER play their stuff on MTV, so I was impressed that here was this young punk band going 'hey, we know Slayer rocks!'

Got the album, and listened to it a few times, then never really listened to it anymore. It's okay, but not metal.

Too much good metal around to waste time on non-metal.

I agree with that comment about being a poser meaning you listen to things to be cool rather than coz yuo really like it, therefore I am not a poser, and also I am not ashamed of this coz its the BEST lol, but I love pretty much every glam/hair metal band of the 80s!

And not just the more acceptable ones like Motley Crue, Dokken, Ratt, Kiss, Quiet Riot, Def Leppard, etc... I even love all the bands like Pretty Boy Floyd, Nitro, Faster Pussycat, Bullet Boys, Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Danger Danger, Poison, Bon Jovi, Cinderella.... all the ones that metalheads aren't supposed to like heheh.

Screw that, THEY RULE!

Long live lipstick and spandex! \m/ Haha!

Yeah!!! Like I said before, Vinnie Vincent Invasion rules!!! He he :lol: :lol: :lol:

I also like Icon, Kick Axe, Journey and even the old Pantera albums. I have them all on vinyl.
They are NOT Glam albums :rolleyes:
More like early Kiss with some commercial influences.