I am such a poser !! : ( What band do you like that you shouldn't ?

Heheh Stryper pull the best riffs outta nowhere man, they rock.

Hahahah I want the '80s Pantera on vinyl! I've heard them all and they are great!

Definitely VERY Kiss sounding. To me, its just arena style heavy metal, but a mix between glam/hard rock and '80s thrash.

Metal Magic is a little dodgy but the other 3 are great. In fact Power Metal is by far the best Pantera album in my opinion! Sounds like Ram It Down era Priest, but better!

I prefer '80s Pantera to '90s Pantera heheh. Except Cowboys is brilliant.

Tori Amos. I don't know why ... I'm a sucker for chick vocalists, though some of the shit she does is just WAY out there, other shit is pretty tight.

Hey Trooper dude.

We seem to agree a lot. Although I do like most of the later Pantera Albums.

But "Over and Out" from their "Power Metal" album must be one of their best songs.

Have you ever heard Kick Axe and Icon?

Originally posted by The Trooper
Not Icon, but I've heard the Vices album by Kick Axe, it's killer man! They're definitely an overlooked band!

It is. Man you should hear the "Welcome to the club" album. Some great stuff :D

I saw Welcome To The Club for $3 on vinyl at this place I go to but didn't get it. I think it's still there. My next journey to that shop I shall be purchasing it!

I can honestly say that I dont listen to anything as much as metal. It really bugs me when people say that I am close-minded etc.. because I am not - I am just picky and I know what I like and i dont want to waste time listening to things that arent worthy. Haha sorry I got off track. But on occasion I listen to not-so metal things.. like Blackmores Night and Lorenna Mckennit.In ways those 2 are metaleske..and I even like Some exclusive 70s rock. There I have said it and now I need to go and listen to some Slayer "Reign In Blood" to make amends. Stay True~

Originally posted by Bryant
I actually made this post in fun, though I do like the Dolls. The fact is, my tastes are quite weird within the "metal genre" much less what little stuff I listen to outside of it. When I did hear a good pop song or two from a band on radio and bought the CD, it blew chunks. : /
I never got much into Duran X2, but I always felt bad for Andy and John because they were pretty good musicians and didn't get to show it much (especially Andy in DD.) The only pop band I can remember owning a cassette from back in the mid-80s was The Outfield's Play Deep, but I am sure I had a few. >:p~

Bryant

Win the FInal War - Andy Kuntz

Has Anyone Got Andy Taylor's C.D. THUNDER - I'v Got It ,Great Hard Rock C.D.s - With Tracks Like - Don't Let Me Die Young , And I might Lie. And JOURNEY Just Awesome Stuff..

Originally posted by nikki666
hey if anyone's gay it's gotta be someone with the name black lagoon is that how you like it or is that how you take it

first off, lagoon is allowed to call me gay.
second, black lagoon is a fab wolfsbane song.
third, shut up.

Personally I dig Pearl Jam, Twisted Sister, Bon Jovi, Monster Magnet, Motley Crue and classical music:eek: . As long as you believe in what you listen to, who cares? Metal's my favorite, but I dig other sh*t to.

Nothing to be ashamed of with Twisted Sister and Motley Crue, they themselves are metal gods in my opinion!!!! Bon Jovi kick arse too, and I like some old Monster Magnet stuff too, there are some good songs on Superjudge and Dopes that's for sure.