I.C.S Vortex / Simen Hestnæs

Logruss said:
Ahem !! "The Black Token". Nuff said. :worship:

I love songs with epic transitions between rough and clean vocals, and this song epitomizes that.

"Icon Dreams" is a great example of an epic transition from clean to rough vocals.

Azzor1911 said:
hate to say this, but someone would have mentioned it sooner or later, so here goes...
Origin has leaked to the internet

:(

Well, I guess they shouldn't send promo cd this early (the most common source of leaks). Almost two months before release, that's rude :erk:

Also I'm pleased that people share my taste for Vortex's godly vocals on The Archaic Course haha :) . I watched Arcturus dvd recently, and his performance on this one is incredible as well (The Chaos Path !!!!!!)

Thonolan said:
I disagree, I think his voice adds a very cool contrast in Dimmu Borgir's music. Well, in fact I just love every album he's been involved in.

I disagree vehemently with this statement. He's pretty much a sideshow in Dimmu, obviously a more talented singer than Shaggrath. He should be lead singing in that band, not occasionally doing backup vocals.

/has seen them live and mourns that Vortex is not more involved in the vocal arrangements