I cut my hair short!

Thanatos

payaso
Oct 28, 2001
Hades
Actually, this happened 2 years ago or more, I just wanted to give you an update on my life :p

Well actually I'm just in the mood for spamming and since I don't even remember the last time I started a thread here, so suck it if you don't care about my hair ;)

My hair is over a foot long, and I'm going to cut it within the next few weeks. Everyone in my family hates it, and I've been receiving pressure for too long. Its been over two years since its been anything but trimmed, so I think its time.

This thread is wrong, and let me count the ways: first of all you're not supposed to cut your hair because this is a death metal forum, and second of all for that very same reason it's a terrible letdown after you misread its title as "I cut my life short".

Edit: personally I'm hoping Thanatos looks like his avatar right now because somehow it would be best if he's at least furry all over.

If he reproduces like his avatar, there's going to be a whole lot of tiny, short-hair metalheads all over the place :Smug:

Endless debate (not the pubes thing)

Let's see the pluses and minuses of both parties:

note: in this comparison "short hair" is defining hair that's been clipped with a #2 clipper or less.

Short hair:

Pros:
-Makes you look like a skinhead or some generic tough guy. Or a chick with cancer.
-Requires approx. 1oz. of shampoo per month.
-Does not require any care whatsoever
-No bad hair day (yet again, metalheads with long hair don't give a flying v about bad hair days)
-Allows extreme speed when headbanging
-No mess while moshing
-Does not induce choking in the headbangers around you

Cons:
-You're no longer respecting the exact definition of "metalhead"
-No more windmills
-Your shortly-cut hair sticks like velcro to every shirt you try to put on
-You feel wind, rain, snow, spit, guano and everything else that falls on your head
-You have to wear one of these when you go to bed during the cold season.

Long hair:

Pros:
-You are the real deal of the metalhead world
-Windmills
-You inspire frowning in parents, fellow classmates and 90% everyone who works in an office.
-You're ready come rain, snow, liquids, food or Armageddon.
-You can carry your pens & pencils wherever you want
-Natural scarf.

Cons
-You spend 100$ in shampoo and elastics every month
-Every meal you have is enriched with your own protein filaments
-You have to drano the shower drain every time.
-Your bald father laughs at your upcoming misery.
-From behind, you look like a woman (does not apply to female metalheads, for obvious reasons)
-Chewbacca thinks you're hot.

Excellent observation [I didn't want to quote the entire paragraph]

I laughed when I read this, its really quite spot on. The one thing I appreciate is that you pointed out that short hair can be metal - I feel it is, but I agree that it isn't the real deal. I also didn't give a fuck about bad hair days because if it was unmanagable I'd just put it back. Also, a further con is that when it gets hot in the summer it can make the back of my neck so fucking hot it can be unbearable. Thusly some know me only with my hair back, which kind of sucks/defeats the purpose, I guess. Thanks for the write-up though, it was entertaining and accurate.

I'm going to miss my hair terribly when its gone. I feel kind of like a sell-out because I'm giving into family/girlfriend pressure by cutting it. That being said, its been over two and a half years and it might also be time. Either way, its a much harder decision than I anticipated.

I'd also like to add that long hair is good defense in pits/heavy crowds. I got used to whipping those ahead and behind with my hair to clear out a little bit of space. Bonus points when its the end of the show and its all sweaty and can actually sting. I was near one of my friends during a show not too long ago (by happenstance) and he said I just about killed him with my headbanging. Made me proud. :p

You're all so young and innocent. I did the whole "cut long hair short" a good 10 years ago. I'm posting in this thread way too much.