I found a new band to hate!!!

hahaha to all the guys saying this band is emo. most definitely wrong. i mean kinda gay, maybe. but not emo! just poppy metalcore. and their on tour and doing their thing, better than most of us can say ;]

Since when is a band with a whiny singer whining about things not "being easy" etc not emo? :confused: Especially with that look and haircut :rolleyes: The hand gestures are pretty funny too. Reminds me of that Family Guy Christina Aguilera clip :lol:
http://www.mefeedia.com/entry/family-guy-with-christina-aguilera/12037510/

I'm with you Sean!

I've been digging these guys for a couple months now. Most of my friends (my age) like it, because this sort of stuff hasn't been combined really before. At least to the level these guys are at now.

FUNNIEST thing is, i was listening to em when i opened this thread in WinAmp, AND i'm going to see em live tomorrow!

And i absolutely HATE the way these hardcore bands act on stage, especially christian ones. I hate the preaching, lyrics, everything. I cringe when i read the lyrics to Attack Attack, because yes, they are lame. So is that video. But the music, ESPECIALLY production, and sporadic placement of parts and other music elements has kept me into em.

And i don't expect too much from em live either. Gaahhh, i have a lame love for this genre, but only with music. They look stupid, and act stupid, but god dammit i can't stop listening to it!

I just have a problem with the darn clean autotuned vocal. Imho if you don't know how to sing; scream or get a real singer. But bleh the world is a rotting place and I don't care. :p

The crabwalk is kinda cool. And that singer who "runs without moving" reminded me of a video I saw here a while back about a "metal workout".

The music is not bad. The intro was nice. The keyboards are nice. The production is nice. The clip kinda sucks. The technogaybeat is interesting and I wonder if they have more of them in other songs. They have choreagraphed moves that are not bad.

But who the hell invented the autotune thing?! I hate that person! I can understand why it may be fun to sound like a robot but ROBOTS DONT HAVE FEELINGS so wtf is it doing in emo'ish kinda songs?!

crabcore - i get it.

i started listening, and was about to write a post saying we shouldn't bash them, that i thought some sort of herd logic was going on here.

then the techno-pop-breakdown.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..

everyone is stealing my shit
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I can't believe that there are people outside of Washington state that would actually defend stuff like this! :lol: That being said, this is the funniest thing that I've seen in a long time and I can't stop watching it :headbang:

peppermint patty called. she wants her hair style back.
creepin%5B1%5D.gif

If it wasn't for the autotuned chorus singing i wouldn't mind this. It's not dreadful, although it's far from being anything really special. Much too formulaic.

Joey did an awesome job on the production though, it sounds freakin' awesome

hahahahaha i wrote all that before i hit the fucking happy hardcore at 2:50
WHAT

THE

FUCK

i like how it comes out of it though.........

EDIT: by the 3rd listen i want to die. I want them to die too, painfully

the worst thing about it isnt the music or the autotune, the combovers or even the crab..... well maybe the crab but the worst thing is that due to all the cliches we despise about them, it has gotten them more publicity than they deserve. most of us could have and would have went through life without ever hearing about them probably but now unfortunately we have been desecrated with their existence.

:OMG: Is my first reaction to this shit lol!

I think another point to this good music/ bad music meaningful/ for money argument is to question the longevity of such a band.

In melbourne where I live, in the last 12 months, hardcore/ metal-core has gone from being every single gig to taking a back seat to more metal/ punk/ rock gigs. Fads change all the time, what's important is to NOT be a fad and evolve in a unique but still attractive way.

KSE for example, they have a staple sound, but have also changed things up enough on each album to keep things new but still the same to a degree.

Bands like this are a dime a dozen, and every year pops out a new one with the old ones once again, dissappearing into the background,

It is the nature of the music industry,

eg: Pop music for '00 to '09, many artists have already lost there peak and are on the decline, but some have reinvented themselves.

The biggest challenge is keeping up with the times.

And a lot of amazing metal acts are still here 20, 30, 40 years later...

Do you think the same will be said about all these fashioncore bands???

Cheers! Hope that's not more fuel in the fire lol

That was one of the worst and funniest film clips I've ever seen! I can't figure out if it's serious or not?

Holy fucking shit. I've been amazed at the poor quality of alot of bands, some popular nowadays, but I truley believe this to be a part of a massive generational split! I've seen a couple of clips now that just make me stare in awe. It shows one example of why the industry is in the state its in imo. These fuckers are making albums and making videos? Promoting this should end up in a neuremberg trial!

Anyone who thinks autotune sounds good like that should be tatood with a massive cher face on their chest. And if you think that shitty 'electronica' section was good, you've NEVER heard good electronic music before! Theres been some very metal 'techno' done. This is not metal. And its not new, In Flames and Dark Tranquility have done it. Though with taste and restraint and obviously half the band protesting!

Look, hardcore was fucking awesome. Metal is/has/always will be fucking awesome. Hardcore eventually had nowhere to go (it didnt need to go anywhere!) and it eventually spilled out to this core fad. This shit is just another wave like nu/rapmetal that will get big, then boom once everyone has had a go at the big cashcow. And they'll be looked upon like the fuckin clowns and crabs they are!

Sound wise, great job joey! Christ you earn your money :lol:

I saw a local band here doing those crabwalking moves a while back. And they were also doing that squatting thing where they just move straight up and down like they're tea-bagging somebody.

And these fools were opening for Obscura. It was downright offensive.

anyway...

I realize that I'm getting older (just turned 33), and that I'm stuck in the 80's/90's. I apologize for that. I usually try not to be too hard on the kids....but I just can't silently disregard this forever.

Let me explain myself. I have some younger relatives who know I am a long time metal fan. They will bring up bands like this to me expecting me to be a fan because this is "totally brootal extreme metal". The kids have no fucking idea. I don't even know what to say to that. If I say "that's not metal", then I become like the old washed up guy who can't understand the new trends. Like the Black Sabbath fan who spent the 80's bitching about thrash metal. Or the thrash metal fan who spent the 90's bitching about death metal.

Well, call me that guy if you want to, but the "new trends" are fucking bullshit. This is not "expanding metal and moving it forward" like these little girl-pants-wearing faggots seem to think. This is taking the most cliche'd, bullshit, generic parts of all the shittiest music out there and putting it all together in one place for efficient consumption by other girl-pants-wearing faggots who are sorry they didn't think of this particularly ingenious way of exploiting the voracious appetite of girl-pants-wearing faggots in general for new dance moves/hairsyles to emulate. But I'm sure it will be huge.

And I really hope the staying power girl-pants-wearing faggotry wears out before I decide I have to start murdering them on sight. They're fucking everywhere.

I saw a local band here doing those crabwalking moves a while back. And they were also doing that squatting thing where they just move straight up and down like they're tea-bagging somebody.

And these fools were opening for Obscura. It was downright offensive.

anyway...

I realize that I'm getting older (just turned 33), and that I'm stuck in the 80's/90's. I apologize for that. I usually try not to be too hard on the kids....but I just can't silently disregard this forever.

Let me explain myself. I have some younger relatives who know I am a long time metal fan. They will bring up bands like this to me expecting me to be a fan because this is "totally brootal extreme metal". The kids have no fucking idea. I don't even know what to say to that. If I say "that's not metal", then I become like the old washed up guy who can't understand the new trends. Like the Black Sabbath fan who spent the 80's bitching about thrash metal. Or the thrash metal fan who spent the 90's bitching about death metal.

Well, call me that guy if you want to, but the "new trends" are fucking bullshit. This is not "expanding metal and moving it forward" like these little girl-pants-wearing faggots seem to think. This is taking the most cliche'd, bullshit, generic parts of all the shittiest music out there and putting it all together in one place for efficient consumption by other girl-pants-wearing faggots who are sorry they didn't think of this particularly ingenious way of exploiting the voracious appetite of girl-pants-wearing faggots in general for new dance moves/hairsyles to emulate. But I'm sure it will be huge.

+1

I need to send you a membership application for the Association of Grumpy Old Metalheads.

I toured with these guys for a month late last year, and they're actually all really nice dudes...except for the crabwalk guitar player(he actually does the crabwalk thing least once per show:lol:)

They're just doing what they love. I didnt realize this forum was so full of elitist assholes

I agree with everything you just said Metalhead, aside from the girlpants shit
I wear skinnies but it doesn't denote my musical taste, and I reckon I have pretty good taste.
Don't judge the taste by the pants o_o

I toured with these guys for a month late last year, and they're actually all really nice dudes...except for the crabwalk guitar player(he actually does the crabwalk thing least once per show:lol:)

They're just doing what they love. I didnt realize this forum was so full of elitist assholes

They may well be doing what they love, but it doesn't change the fact that it sucks more dick than a triple cunted hooker.

I agree with everything you just said Metalhead, aside from the girlpants shit
I wear skinnies but it doesn't denote my musical taste, and I reckon I have pretty good taste.
Don't judge the taste by the pants o_o

I thought it was a core/emo fashion thing...? I can't say I've ever seen anyone else do it. All I know is that all of the morons who get into core/emo around here are wearing them. I can't say that I know everyone who wears them is into core/emo, so I'll give you a break.

Do you wear the kind that won't even pull all the way up over your ass so that the crotch is really low and your ass/underwear are hanging out the back?

Sure, and they have every right to do it.

We also have a right to think it is pitiful garbage.