i got me a novembers doom sampler...did you?

Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
well you probably did if you saw them play on this tour.

my show report now follows:

got to the middle east on time for the doors to open at 6 only to get kicked out of waiting inside to get in and being forced to wait in the frigid cold until they really opened the doors at 7!

it was alright though. kleo came by and entertained me for a bit and gave me a hug to provide solace for angel getting cancelled.

finally they start letting people in and wander inside and catch up with the novembers doom guys at the merch table to find out how the tour has been going.

the first band took the stage named Lucubro. they were ok. seemed like a pretty new band who still hasn't gotten their sound together. they had a female lead guitarist/singer who was pretty good and its nice seeing the girls taking up ranks in the sausage fest that is lead soloing.

then Novembers Doom came and rocked my world. seriously. i was having a shit weekend and then i was able to let loose and headbang and get really excited. it was fun. i also had been drinking gin and tonics and was a little on the tipsy side.

next was agalloch and honestly it really wasn't my thing. i feel bad saying that because i heard that they are big fans of kayo dot and they seem to be very good musicians but it just wasn't really my thing. no offense guys!

finally there was the gathering and man oh man were they awesome. they played flawlessly and just had the perfect sound for their music. it was cool seeing anneke play guitar too. they had their shit down aside from one broken guitar string which was barely noticable. i was a bit bummed that they focused mostly on the last couple albums and didn't play anything off mandylion i don't think and one from nighttime birds but still they were worth seeing again. i think when we saw them in nyc a few years ago they were a bit better but last night was still awesome.

and to respond in a male fashion. anneke was beautiful last night. in fact she was SO cute in the way she looked, sang, and her stage banter and movements that i wanted to stab myself in the face. yes she was that cute.

but it was an awesome night. thanks to paul and the ND boys for bringing the metal to me when i needed it. :)

I am really upset that I will not be able to see this tour... Its 3 bands that I REALLY want to see (as I am a huge agalloch fan,) and that doesnt seem to happen too much.

And Greg if you havent heard The Mantle (Agalloch's latest) I urge you to check it out. Its not complex really, and not particualarly experimental, but it is high quality stuff.

yeah i would have loved to see this show
and this thread reminded me that i should buy some novembers doom; i've heard good things about them

I know nothing of Agalloch but The Gathering and ND are awesome. I won't be able to see this show either so that sucks. But I did see ND a couple weeks ago in Milwaukee and they kicked ass.

Greg: Agalloch live = very different than Agalloch on CD.

xoxoxo
-k-

p.s. We can no longer love you due to your not loving Agalloch.

p.p.s. Since we described you to the dude looking for you as "really tall with kinda greasy long hair that has grey patches on the sides," I guess you can be forgiven.

p.p.p.s. I found some margarita mix. Do you have a blender, some ice, and the first season of BUffy so we can do an interview?

Oh and I sort of interviewed ND. Kinda shellshocked after being out in cold for so long but we did my trademark "Wait? This is an INTERVIEW?"

I was at the Toronto show on Saturday which I found totally fantastic, aside from the fact that seemingly the Club screwed all sorts of stuff up and left us all waiting outside 2 hours after the doors were supposed to open. Resulting, of course, in all the bands sets being cut short, which sucked, but it was still an awesome show.

And I'll have to agree with you Greg, Anneke was definitely self-inflicted-stab-wound-to-the-face gorgeous.

Novembers Doom sure talked a lot of shit about this Eric character during the interview! I am so going to MP3 it for blabbermouth@@@

981Rape.jpg

It's a quicky rip, Chupe. The source file isn't exactly mint but I could a transcription off of it.