I had a SyX dream last night

scanner313

The EYE
Aug 5, 2002
Western PA, USA
Visit site
I guess it's because I'm excited about seeing them on the 8th.

Anyway, It started out great! I went to some unknown club (it wasn't the Hard Rock where I'll be seeing them) to see them play and I got there early and found the guys hanging out and I got to talk to them. Then I noticed there was a second stage off to the side of the club but there wasn't any equipment on it. The only stuff there was SyX's. Then I noticed that all the guys were dressed kind of goofy (kind of old metal stage wear) and I asked them why they were all dressed up. Russ told me that they were shooting a live DVD tonight and they were the only band playing and would play for about 3 1/2 hours so they got plenty of material for the DVD. I was like "FUCK YEAH BABY!!!".

So I get right up at the front of the stage and the guys come out and get in place. Russ says a few words and then they kick into "Evolution". Everyone is going nuts and a few people are up on the stage getting ready to dive, then I look over and there are 2 guys fighting off to the right side of the stage, in view of everyone. So the next thing I notice is the one guy stabs the other guy in the neck with something and so the guys immediately stop playing. Someone calls an ambulance and they take this guy away, but it was someone from SyX's crew (a friend of theirs) and so they are all bummed out and cancel the rest of the show.

That's about all I could remember. I'll tell you, it started out so awesome! Here I am ready to see SyX play for over 3 hours and they don't even make it through 1 song. I don't know why, but most of my good dreams turn out bad like that. Oh well, I guess it could have been worse. It could have been me who was stabbed. :)

Just thought I'd share that with anyone who might be interested. Anyone else have any good (or bad, or wierd, etc.) dreams involving SyX? I know someone here posted a dream before. I think it was the MetalChick (sorry if I'm wrong).

Lol yeah I posted a dream once but I wasn't the first to do so. I think I posted the one where MJR abducted me and my brother....

[dream-anaylisis-mode]
Maybe you're worried that something bad will ruin the excitement you're having about seeing them. You're so happy you get to see an incredible show (not that they'll play 3 hrs but it will still be awesome) that you don't want anything to take that away. Don't worry, it will be fine :)
[/dream-analysis-mode]

Hey ! I also had a SyX dream 3 nights ago! LOL I dreamt that they were playing down in front of my Apartment in the Park!! haha I was sleeping ... and heard something like a band playing... and I went to the window and saw there was a concert, a Metal one!(because i saw some Metalheads) then I went down to the park and SyX started doing the Soundcheck! hehe then... (there was few ppl only ) so went to the stage and started talking with Mike Pinnella about keyboards and stuff lol was pretty cool.. then I woke up :(

ProgMetalFan said:
I hope you can make it, scanner! That sounds like one crazy dream!
Thanks, I hope I can make it too. It really all comes down to whether or not my wife and I can find a babysitter for that evening who can watch the kids until midnight or so. I hate weekday shows for that reason only. My wife doesn't really like SyX (never gives them a chance) but we're making it a night out type thing. We're going to dinner somewhere down in Station Square and then going to the show. She likes live music, and I'm hoping once she sees them live she'll be willing to listen to the CD's and gets into them. We'll see. Honestly, I wish she'd stay home with the kids so I could go by myself! It just won't be the same sitting in a booth or something as opposed to being out there on the floor jamming! :)

I just can't miss this show as I'm sure the next time they come around it will be after their next album and they won't be playing the Odyssey again. I have to see them play that live!!! I still wish they would play TDWOT live sometime as I would love to see that done as well. I guess I should just buy the live album and that way I can hear it. That's the only album I don't have (except Prelude to the Millennium, of course).

Oh well, hope to see you there ProgMetalFan. That's figuratively, of course, not literally, as I have no idea what you look like, etc. :)

Eh - Bad Omens...

Like for 2 weeks I dreamt of the SX show.. 1 was @ Chili's , they were all wearing CHilis waiters gear. Button down Chil;is logo golf shirt, and black pants. I dont know what the hell that meant.. Next week was a week of dreaming that the venue wouldnt let me in - cuz im too young. I made it in fine, the show wasnt at..... chili's...... and the show was phenomenal.