I hate grunge.

shut it xfartx

kiss.png

i aint reading all that shit

The first paragraph, fuhhhhhk, the first sentence sums it up nicely...

Only a few minutes into the program and the predictable snootiness of the grunge movement reveals itself. (We're punk but we're also snobs. How exactly does that even work?)​

It's really just icing from there. Broke it up for you into easily read bites...

Soundgarden's Thayill, his nose high up in the air and annoyed by Dunn's metal-related questions, interrupts him, vehemently rejecting the suggestion that the emergence of grunge had anything to do with metal.

Slyly (or stupidly?) he tries to narrow down the entire early 90s metal scene to "spandex music for future housewives of America" – i.e. just glam simply so he can wash himself from any metal influences.​

Dude, just because I'm desperate for attention doesn't mean I'll read any old pointless shit.

Where did Kim Thayil get his Partridge-Family-with-fuzzy-guitars sound?

Soundgarden’s Kim Thayil Takes Credit for Seattle Drop D Grunge Sound
https://www.northwestmusicscene.net...yil-takes-credit-seattle-drop-d-grunge-sound/

In an interview with Frenzal Rhomb guitarist Lindsay McDougall, Soundgarden’s Kim Thayil takes credit for the “Drop D” guitar tuning method and says, “I think we certainly popularized it locally in Seattle, and probably the influence Seattle had, it probably extended nationally, and ultimately internationally with that genre of music,”

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: What a Ma-roon!

and the troll-account-of-the-year-award goes to
@brightlite89 for making exactly 2 posts, in the same fucking thread, re-animating the specific necroed thread that i'd completely forgotten about ,
which got everyone arguing with each other

clearly an alternate account of somebody who had previously posted in this thread

and the troll-account-of-the-year-award goes to
@brightlite89 for making exactly 2 posts, in the same fucking thread, re-animating the specific necroed thread that i'd completely forgotten about ,
which got everyone arguing with each other

clearly an alternate account of somebody who had previously posted in this thread

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a common straw man to equivocate a loathing of grunge with an exclusive adoration of glam, or worse yet to define all "metal" of the late eighties and early nineties as glam. But to be fair when I refer to grunge I'm speaking specifically of Sound Garden, Pearljam, & NirvanA.

i never made that equivocation thing
i agreed that some grunge was horrible and i said i love glam metal
but i never said that loving one means you have to hate the other

i never made that equivocation thing
i agreed that some grunge was horrible and i said i love glam metal
but i never said that loving one means you have to hate the other

I wasn't accusing you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Your signature had me a bit
thinking-face_1f914.png
and it's still a little whack, but that's alright. :tickled:

Last edited: