I have a question that's prolly gonna sound stupid...

@ Porksoda - :headbang: Symphony X, Rush and Opeth are my favorite bands!

@Noble Viking - Same here, the first DT song I ever heard was at the Gigantour. And I was a big SX fan way before that.

@Ariellajem - Through the Looking Glass is my favorite song of all time! I'm not surprised you married that guy for sending it to you :D

ariellajem said:
I somewhat agree. I don't find the same emotional connection with DT as with SymX, but I do believe DT is outstanding technically. I can't remember the first DT song I ever heard, but I could tell you where, when and what SymX song I heard for the first time (through the looking glass/Spring '03/My Bedroom after recieving the Mp3 From my then BF now Husband). \m/-_-\m/ Symphony X > ALL

w00t!! Another chick in the Symphony X forum!!! :headbang::cool::worship:kickass::p:lol: (But she's married.:cry:)

That's exactly how I felt the first time I ever compared Symphony X and Dream Theater.

And Sym X does > All!!

Jax said:
So 'having liked DT before Six Degrees = smug'? While the Ytsejammers of that period were likely a driving force behind the birth of the term progsnob, not everyone who was a DT fan then (or even a Ytsejammer then) falls into that category.

Oh, and I'll pass on the 'prog fan = smug' generalization too, but thanks anyway. :)
Ok thats my fault, I didn't clarify very well. When I typed "92-99 fans", I didn't mean fans who were already fans before 6DOIT was made. I was referring to the people who firmly believe that anything DT has made post-SFAM is trash (or simply sub par for that matter). Obviously there is nothing wrong with liking DT before 6 Degrees. But I think it is pretty :Smug: to believe that 6 Degrees is a terrible album despite the incredible technical ability, songwriting, balls that are displayed on Glass Prison, the incredible melodic content of the title track. And to say that TOT is boring and bad song writing despite the all out talent, balls, METAL, etc. And to deny the diversity and INCREDIBLE song writing of Octavarium.

MrFast said:
@Ariellajem - Through the Looking Glass is my favorite song of all time! I'm not surprised you married that guy for sending it to you :D

Haha! It's definately part of the reason. I wouldn't be a fan if it weren't for him and I am for sure greatful for it. :D

Ptah Khnemu said:
w00t!! Another chick in the Symphony X forum!!!

Indeed. Ladies dig Russell Allens sexy voice, dontcha know?

Why not go for Live Scenes from New York?

It's got the whole of SFAM (my favourite and first DT album) plus plenty of others from the earlier albums.